baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: OCCU/ Duck card Closed

Here we go..... Smiley Frustrated
Message 11 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

The only positive is at least it will show "closed by consumer" on my reports Smiley Wink

Message 12 of 27
mrflibble

Although it was my highest limit card and my credit report will innevitably show "closed by creditor", i'm actually kind of relieved it's over with. I had some serious problems with disputed charges and non-credited refunds a while ago with them and let's just say I was less than impressed with how they handled it (it dragged on for months and months).

In my opinion anyone who gets their account closed is being done a favor. At least you won't have to deal with this bunch of assclowns anymore. Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

Sorry to hear about account closure. I just checked mine it is still open. The customer services in Columbus GA handle billing for me like Equality Card. You need to call OCCU.

Ron.

Message 14 of 27
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

After calling Columbus Georgia call center they had assured me that a new card was going to be mailed out that fixed some issue with my card always being declined after 2 or 3 charges. Something about the magnetic strip had a wrong letter in it. That never happened either. So it was inevitable this card was going to bite the dust for me. I just speeded matters up a bit.

Message 15 of 27
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

@ron... I called OCCU and they transfer me back to Columbus . So OCCU is saying I have to call the credit card possessing center , and Columbus keeps telling me to call OCCU .. It's one blaming the other. It's a mess!

MyFICO Scores : EQ = 791 , TU = 794, EX = 774 as of 06/16
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 16 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

@plastic_man wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry to hear.. If you ever find out why, update the thread.

Sure will . I told the lady to send me a letter with an explanation . I'll keep posted when I get it. 

Please do.. That is terrible that they just closed you out without any warning.  

Message 17 of 27
Ron1
Super Contributor

Have you tried to call the backdoor no of the Equality Card?  They are the same people handling the Duck Card.

The number is 866-686-1339

Ron.

Message 18 of 27
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

I'll look into that...thanks!
Current CARDS : Boa working assets $33k| | QuickSilver $6650 | BillMeLater $5000 | FNBO AMEX $20K | ChoiceHotel BarclayCard $7500K |barclay ring card $15k| Macys AMEX $20k| AMEX Gold Premier | AMEX Blue Cash $13.2k | | Chase Marriott $20k | CSP $14,200| CAP1 Spark Miles $28k | AMEX Business Gold Premier| citi Hilton hhonors $12k| citi AAdvantage $10,500 | Chase Ink Plus $27k | BoA Alaska signature personal $17k | BoA Alaska business $27k | AMEX SPG $11,800 | JPM Ritz Carlton $29.9k
Message 19 of 27
plastic_man
Regular Contributor

And you know what the irony is ? I just received this unrelated email from OCCU. ( don't know how to add an email attachment ) but this what the email reads:

" Dear Plastic_Man:

Personal service and overall member satisfaction are important to us. Whether we’re opening a savings account or helping a member refinance a mortgage loan, we always want to make sure our members are getting the care they deserve. That’s why right now, we’re asking members to share meaningful stories about their OCCU experiences.

By sharing your story, you can help us both improve OCCU memberships and recognize our employees' hard work. To share your story, submit it online and we’ll enter you into our $25 gift card giveaway.*"

Let's all share our wonderful stories! 😀😀

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.