Established Contributor
shane82388

Orchard Bank & HSBC Approvals...

So ive been trying to get pre-approved for the HSBC branded platinum card for a while now but the pre approval system would only offer the HSBC branded secured card. I then just opted for a Orchard Bank platinum card just to get a second trade line of some kind going. I decided to go back and see if the HSBC branded platinum card would be pre-approved for me now just for the heck of it, and sure enough Its pre-approving me for the vanilla HSBC platinum card AND the HSBC platinum with rewards card.

I had problems with payments, a card closed, typical financial disaster a couple years back but i was able to keep my other credit card open which is a plan capital one platinum card with a $500 limit. The new Orchard Bank one was approved with a $300 limit.

My question is do you think they would convert this orchard bank card to the hsbc card since both companies are basically the same entity? Also, what if i was to apply for the HSBC credit card that i originally wanted in the first place, anyway? Would they automatically deny me because i just was approved for the Orchard Bank card?

$1200 $1250 $4250 NPSL $5300 $1350 $3000

$6050 $5000 $10500 $2416 $6500 $3000
Regular Contributor
ShootingStar

Re: Orchard Bank & HSBC Approvals...

Orchard refuses to product change or upgrade -- I wish they did.  But, as they're considering selling off their US portfolio and/or scaling back and making significant changes -- it remains to be seen what will happen in the future.

"It's myFICO and I can cry if I want to!"

Starting Score January 1, 2010: 640
Current Scores Updated Sept. 6, 2011: EQ: 765 / TU: 778 / EX PLUS: 773
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

"Working my way up!" :smileywink:

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}