Frequent Contributor
manyquestions

Re: Penfed question

Max09 wrote:

EQ 804

...is 2 new accnts considered too many for their standards?

thanks

I give you a 90% chance of being approved.  I don't know what their current standards are the last couple months I have heard they have changed, but Penfed in the past has weighed FICO pretty heavy and if you have an 804 EQ and only two new accounts in the last year, then I think you will get approved for the Cash Rewards card.

Senior Contributor
score_building

Re: things that make ya go "hmmmm"

may i ask, did you open up additional banking products and deposit heavily on share or other accts?

your scores are rather dreamy, is this what you attribute the preapp. offers to?  thanks!

specultr wrote:
I applied for Penfed membership with 2 new-ish accounts (less than 6 months) and was accepted, but I didn't apply for any products because of debt and new accounts. Now about 9 months later, I have pre-approved offers from penfed in my share account online screen.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Regular Contributor
Max09

specultr wrote:
I applied for Penfed membership with 2 new-ish accounts (less than 6 months) and was accepted, but I didn't apply for any products because of debt and new accounts. Now about 9 months later, I have pre-approved offers from penfed in my share account online screen.

since they do hit you with a hard inq for the membership application, it makes sense for me to wait until it is ideal time to apply for one of their card. that way i only get hit with one inq instead of two.

Regular Contributor
specultr

x

[ Edited ]

x

Senior Contributor
smallfry

Makes no difference to Penfed how little or how much you have in a savings account. You will get the same credit limit on a credit card.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+