Established Contributor
Pappy214

Secured Card CLI???

So I logged into my HSBC/Orchard secured account today, and I noticed something I have not seen before, a button to ask for a Credit Limit Increase.

The card is still secured. I was under the impression the only way to get an increase is to pay for one. (As in add funds to the account.)

Has anyone else with an Orchard secured received a CLI by just asking for one?

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."
Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Secured Card CLI???

I'd have to dig around, but I have seen at least one other post where someone did actually receive a CLI on a secured Orchard. Also saw the same for a secured (either full or 99/500) for BofA.

I also have the secured Orchard and the Luv button has been on mine since day 1. But I never clicked it. Want to close this TL anyway.
Established Contributor
Pappy214

Thats just too weird. Why not just unsecure it for us if they will let us try for an unsecured increase.

Super Contributor
concorduser

CLI button on the website does not mean any thing. Press and see if you get CLI. When I had BOA 99/500 account I used to keep pressing the CLI button and I used to get letter stating the account is not eligible for CLI. Press the button and see what happens. I am sure it would say your account is not eligible or contact CSR or some thing similar message.
Valued Contributor
mjbfan79

concorduser wrote:
CLI button on the website does not mean any thing. Press and see if you get CLI. When I had BOA 99/500 account I used to keep pressing the CLI button and I used to get letter stating the account is not eligible for CLI. Press the button and see what happens. I am sure it would say your account is not eligible or contact CSR or some thing similar message.

Correct.

Starting Score 3-31-08: EQ 582 TU 577 EX 625
Current Score 3-19-10: EQ 703 TU 712 EX No Clue
Goal Score: 800 By January Of 2012

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Pappy214

concorduser wrote:

Thats a bummer. I almost got my hopes up that an unsecured message was coming soon.

Senior Contributor
score_building

how long does it take for Orchard to unsecure?
FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Valued Member
samantha1178

I think I remember reading that they almost never unsecure.
Walmart: $400
Credit One: $200
Orchard:$500
Applied Bank: $300

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}