Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share your experiences with BofA

tag
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Share your experiences with BofA

@negg wrote:

IMHO. Bank of America is garbage.  Horrible CSR, unreliable info, CSR will flat out lie to you.  

No soft pulls, everything is a hard pull.   Actually had a CSR tell me it's against federal law for you to get CLI without a HP. 

Card will not grow with you.  3 years ago I started to rebuild my credit. BofA gave me 1000 bal. fast forward 3+ years, I'm now at $1500 and that 500 CLI was a result of a HP. 

While all my other cards have grown with me over the years. Disc from 1200 to 4500. Amex 1000 to 9500 etc....etc....

Currently the card is used for Netflix month charge and nothing else. I have zero use for this card.  

Have you been denied CLI with a hard pull?  Yes they generally hard pull for a lot of things, but in my experience I've always received something for that pull.  When you got $500 CLI did you call the backdoor number for a higher amount?  I agree that their automated system is very conservative, but if you speak to their Underwriters they are just about as good as an Underwriter can get.

Message 31 of 42
IncrsCredScore
Frequent Contributor

@negg wrote:

IMHO. Bank of America is garbage.  Horrible CSR, unreliable info, CSR will flat out lie to you.  

No soft pulls, everything is a hard pull.   Actually had a CSR tell me it's against federal law for you to get CLI without a HP. 

Card will not grow with you.  3 years ago I started to rebuild my credit. BofA gave me 1000 bal. fast forward 3+ years, I'm now at $1500 and that 500 CLI was a result of a HP. 

While all my other cards have grown with me over the years. Disc from 1200 to 4500. Amex 1000 to 9500 etc....etc....

Currently the card is used for Netflix month charge and nothing else. I have zero use for this card.  

I've given my very negative thoughts and experience concerning BofA on another thread.  I agree with you, negg.  They are horrible and very untrustworthy.

Message 32 of 42
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:

Have you been denied CLI with a hard pull?  Yes they generally hard pull for a lot of things, but in my experience I've always received something for that pull.  When you got $500 CLI did you call the backdoor number for a higher amount?  I agree that their automated system is very conservative, but if you speak to their Underwriters they are just about as good as an Underwriter can get.

Agreed. I asked for 15K at CLI request and they only gave me 10K.

Called UW and the lady I spoke with said, "Um, you definitely should have been given 15. So here you go."

And I got it.

Message 33 of 42
negg
Frequent Contributor

@B335is wrote:

@negg wrote:

Two years ago I called in for soft pull CLI was told HP only. So I agreed. At the time my other cards where all 2000-7500. $500 was the max at that time. I was told to cal back in 6 months for another review.    BofA is the ONLY bank that has refused to grow with me. Even QS1 has gone fröm 500 to 4400 with no hard pulls.  I'm not wasting HP's on CLI when I don't need to.   That and like I've said.  Some of the dumbeśt csr in the biz 

CSR.........11,900.......Delta Amex $11,200.........Marriott Rewards Premier $8000.......Discover IT $9700......Citi Preferred $8600.......Chase Freedom $10,800.....Barclay(apple) $11,600......BofA $1500.......Capital One $7400......FNO $9800......Barclay(Hawaiian airlines)$11,000......Citi Costco $15,000. June 1st 2013 0 credit cards and 575 fico. Today 117K in credit and 812 fico and ZERO INQUIRIES......ZERO. 2018 goal. 825 fico.
Message 34 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

never ask for a CLI  it will result hard pull witout notifying you

Message 35 of 42
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I got 3 cards with BofA (Cash Rewards 5k, Travel Rewards 10k & Better Balance 4k).  When I asked for CLI they would move the CL from one card and put it on another (sometimes without telling me first).  I guess it's all about credit exposure they're willing to give you.  Right now I'm sitting at 21k for all 3... which isn't a lot but I'm ok with that since I also have 15 other cards to juggle. Smiley Very Happy

Thanks to myFICO for that! Smiley MadSmiley Tongue

Message 36 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seriously thought they hated me.  But I kept seeing the little red card everywhere when I went on their site!  Just dangling that carrot.  So I had to go for it!  To my surprise, they started me with a 12k SL.  I'm going to move my measly 1k from my other card to it.  So far, they look like they're loosening  up a bit.

Message 37 of 42
Jaylima91
Established Contributor

I've had nothing but excellent experience with BofA. I've banked with them for years and never had any issues. Customer service is splendid and very helpful. My first CC was a secured CC with BofA in November 2013 which is when I started my credit journey. Fast forward to August of 2014 I requested my secured CC be graduated early, GRANTED! In less than 30 seconds they had returned the deposit to my checking account. The same month I applied for the BofA Privileges Rewards card and approved with $5k. I closed my unsecured CC and requested CL on privileges card and instantly approved for $12k. Currently I am well overdue for a CLI which I may just request now! Lol
Message 38 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@negg wrote:

@B335is wrote:

@negg wrote:

Two years ago I called in for soft pull CLI was told HP only. So I agreed. At the time my other cards where all 2000-7500. $500 was the max at that time. I was told to cal back in 6 months for another review.    BofA is the ONLY bank that has refused to grow with me. Even QS1 has gone fröm 500 to 4400 with no hard pulls.  I'm not wasting HP's on CLI when I don't need to.   That and like I've said.  Some of the dumbeśt csr in the biz 

You need to talk to the Underwriters from the backdoor number sometimes to get the CLI you really want. Some people get them to reconsider as long as it's within 30 days of the hard pull. 

Message 39 of 42
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

never ask for a CLI  it will result hard pull witout notifying you

They clearly state a credit report will be pulled on the landing page. 

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.