Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The new metal amazon prime card visa sig is here.....apps galore,lol

tag
deltatee
Frequent Contributor

Re: The new metal amazon prime card visa sig is here.....apps galore,lol

UncleB, my Chase portal was a little weird also.  It wasn't showing the new Prime card or benefits until this morning.  It seems to be working itself out.

Message 81 of 88
CatOfSpades
Frequent Contributor

@DU556 wrote:

over the last 2 months I've been looking for a card to become my go to card to earn points to spend on amazon. My Discover miles card ( not IT) has finally increased to a $26k limit after 11 years but 1 point per dollar isn't really cutting it. With this being a 5% back on amazon purchases, I really want to make it my go to card but it is missing one HUGE feature that Discover has.

****Price Protection****

Over the last 4 months I've received back about $56 back from items that dropped in price within 90 days of purchase. I really wish Chase offered this feature but I don't see them doing it.

Should I keep my Discover or app for this card and move my $13k limit from Marriott after I open it?

Thanks

We have more than one card in our wallets for a reason, right? I have Citi for Price Protection, because I will not buy anything from Best Buy unless I have it. They (Best Buy) are so bad about yoyoing their prices. I got $100 back a couple of years ago on a TV that dropped $100 in price a week after I bought it. If you want the Amazon card, I say go for it. And you can keep your Discover card for purchases from companies that have a habit of yoyoing their prices. This is my opinion. 

♠Queen of Spades♠
Apple Card MC $10,000
BofA Cash Rewards VS $10,000
5/3 Cash/Back WEMC $10,000
Discover IT $7,500
Message 82 of 88
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

I'm checking two of original Chase Amazon cards, one is linked to my Prime account and the 2nd is not. 

The one linked shows the Amazon points at Amazon, but nothing on the Chase side, no benefits listed. I believe Chase is feeding Amazon the info about my card.

The one not linked to Amazon shows the Amazon points at Chase. Of course it is not listed at Amazon since it is not linked. 

Waiting for the new metal card for the account linked to Amazon. I may swap the cards and get the 2nd metal card. But they will stay in the draw regardless. Smiley Wink

Message 83 of 88
Mahraja
Valued Contributor

i think its the same Amazon Reward visa but with better perks and better looks i had the rewards visa 2 years ago closed it and when i saw the metal one decided to re apply and got it Smiley Tongue by the way i am at 8/24 and still got approved i know at the time of application that this card is not the part of 5/24 rule i have the list Smiley Tongue

Profile Worth 2.0+M+
___________R.a.j
"Be Stronger Than Your Strongest Excuse"
Message 84 of 88
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

Since the Chase Amazon has no AF, no points to close the cards. They just stay in the draw. 

Message 85 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@acciofirebolt wrote:

Hmmmm I wonder if my mom and I are going to get the new cards as well, I'm a AU on her card but I'm the one who has Prime.

Also, thinking about this more, if you do not show the new card, you may still have an option. Amazon has "Households". This will allow you to add one adult to your Prime account. Since you are both using the same card anyway, you may be able to add your mother and choose to share billing, and set that as your primary card.

Doing the above will also share your Prime benefits with her. According to the Amazon help pages this will be considered a valid Prime membership for the purposes of upgrading her card.

I appd for the Amazon card yesterday and got approved for the 3% CB regular card. I thought I was an Amazon Prime member, only to find out I was just an add on from a friend's account. So I joined Prime today and it immediately converted my account to the Amazon Prime Card.

Highly likely I will receive the plastic card, but will call immeadiately to get it replace to the metal.

Message 86 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

@BronzeTrader wrote:

The one linked shows the Amazon points at Amazon, but nothing on the Chase side, no benefits listed. I believe Chase is feeding Amazon the info about my card.

Mine did similarly. Amazon updates and applies the perks immediately on their end, but Chase is lagging a day or so behind updating their end. The card updated in my Amazon wallet yesterday, but I just got a secure message from Chase this evening that said the update was applied and to be looking for the card in the mail.

Message 87 of 88
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you write Chase or is this something they should be sending to everyone letting us know it is converted to the new card and the metal one is being sent?

Should I write them or wait?
Message 88 of 88
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.