Frequent Contributor
Jonbuck06

USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

So i got a checking and savings account from USAA a weeks ago and applied for 2 ccs and got approved for $4k limits each and then out of the blue second day using my card the cancelled them and said that per the disclosure agreement they no longer wanted to do business with me i was like **bleep**?? so then i went to NFCU who i had a membership with since the beginning of May and Applied for 2 CC and got approved for both with a $20k limit on both cards. Has anyone had USAA do that to them before and i already know tons of people have NFCU cards. haha

FICO
Equifax - 786 (05/13)
Experian - 782 (04/13)
Transunion - 791 (05/13)
Valued Contributor
Repo-ed

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

I'm not sure I fully understand what happened w/ USAA.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board and $500 secured CC
12/2014: 750+ scores across the board and $80k in revolving credit

Get those baddies removed!!!
Frequent Contributor
Jonbuck06

i dont really know they opened a checking and savings account for me online after a week of it being opened they restriced my online access and said per the Depository agreement with the bank they are terminating my relationship and they dont want to do business with me anymore i was like my chex system report is clean good credit never overdrafted and i asked and she said they dont have to give a reason they just dont want to do business with me anymore i was mind boggled.

FICO
Equifax - 786 (05/13)
Experian - 782 (04/13)
Transunion - 791 (05/13)
Pinolero

Second instance I'm seeing of this with USAA. It is starting to get my attention. They have every right to terminate anyones account but the lack of providing ANY kind of reason again is terrible. Definitely makes me glad I don't bank much with them. Were you a full member?

Frequent Contributor
Jonbuck06

yep i have a checking a savings account and 2 credit cards which they terminated all of it and said i can just pay credit cards when i get the bill i was kinda pissed off. But i mean i didnt do anything wrong so i was trying to figure out why.

FICO
Equifax - 786 (05/13)
Experian - 782 (04/13)
Transunion - 791 (05/13)
Regular Contributor
DonGonzalo

Jonbuck06 wrote:

yep i have a checking a savings account and 2 credit cards which they terminated all of it and said i can just pay credit cards when i get the bill i was kinda pissed off. But i mean i didnt do anything wrong so i was trying to figure out why.

How did you claim membership eligibilty? 

Let's Go Heat!! Vamos Heat!
Frequent Contributor
Jonbuck06

Im in the Air Force.

FICO
Equifax - 786 (05/13)
Experian - 782 (04/13)
Transunion - 791 (05/13)
Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had the greatest exp w/USAA, either.

The real bad thing is that those USAA CCs are going to stay on your CR for 10 yrs, which initially lowers your AAoA. (With the NFCU, it will mean 4 new accts in a short period of time.) So, your FICO w/probably drop as a result. It will come back after a while. But still, that's a sucky thing to do. Almost like an Amex FR. It would have been better if they had just not approved the CCs in the first place, rather than to approve and then close so soon afterwards.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Frequent Contributor
Jonbuck06

exactly the cards were only open 1 day.

FICO
Equifax - 786 (05/13)
Experian - 782 (04/13)
Transunion - 791 (05/13)
Regular Contributor
DonGonzalo

Jonbuck06 wrote:

Im in the Air Force.

Ah ok. I wonder why they did that. They have been really good to me. Sorry 

Let's Go Heat!! Vamos Heat!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}