Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

tag
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

So i got a checking and savings account from USAA a weeks ago and applied for 2 ccs and got approved for $4k limits each and then out of the blue second day using my card the cancelled them and said that per the disclosure agreement they no longer wanted to do business with me i was like **bleep**?? so then i went to NFCU who i had a membership with since the beginning of May and Applied for 2 CC and got approved for both with a $20k limit on both cards. Has anyone had USAA do that to them before and i already know tons of people have NFCU cards. haha

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 1 of 54
53 REPLIES 53
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: USAA Sucks.... NFCU Rocks!

I'm not sure I fully understand what happened w/ USAA.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 2 of 54
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

i dont really know they opened a checking and savings account for me online after a week of it being opened they restriced my online access and said per the Depository agreement with the bank they are terminating my relationship and they dont want to do business with me anymore i was like my chex system report is clean good credit never overdrafted and i asked and she said they dont have to give a reason they just dont want to do business with me anymore i was mind boggled.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 3 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

Second instance I'm seeing of this with USAA. It is starting to get my attention. They have every right to terminate anyones account but the lack of providing ANY kind of reason again is terrible. Definitely makes me glad I don't bank much with them. Were you a full member?

Message 4 of 54
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

yep i have a checking a savings account and 2 credit cards which they terminated all of it and said i can just pay credit cards when i get the bill i was kinda pissed off. But i mean i didnt do anything wrong so i was trying to figure out why.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 5 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

yep i have a checking a savings account and 2 credit cards which they terminated all of it and said i can just pay credit cards when i get the bill i was kinda pissed off. But i mean i didnt do anything wrong so i was trying to figure out why.

How did you claim membership eligibilty? 

Message 6 of 54
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

Im in the Air Force.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 7 of 54
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Sorry to hear that. I haven't had the greatest exp w/USAA, either.

The real bad thing is that those USAA CCs are going to stay on your CR for 10 yrs, which initially lowers your AAoA. (With the NFCU, it will mean 4 new accts in a short period of time.) So, your FICO w/probably drop as a result. It will come back after a while. But still, that's a sucky thing to do. Almost like an Amex FR. It would have been better if they had just not approved the CCs in the first place, rather than to approve and then close so soon afterwards.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 54
ADARPegasus
Established Contributor

exactly the cards were only open 1 day.

Transunion - 788 05/16
Experian - 745 05/16
Equifax - 740 05/16
Message 9 of 54
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Jonbuck06 wrote:

Im in the Air Force.

Ah ok. I wonder why they did that. They have been really good to me. Sorry 

Message 10 of 54
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.