cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WALMART CLI.......????

Regular Contributor

WALMART CLI.......????

I got my Walmart card in March 08 with 300.00. I know you can get an increase every 4 months but does a balance have to report each month to be eligible. I know a balance didnt report 5/2008 and im thinking not this month either. I use the card at least once a month but think im paying it off before it reports (not intentional, lol). Will i still be eligible for an increase next month?

Thanks in advance!!!!
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES
Senior Contributor

Re: WALMART CLI.......????

You don't have to use the card in order to ask for CLI.
Message 2 of 7
Moderator Emerita

CCC's don't care (probably don't even notice) if a balance reports. That's strictly a scoring phenomenon.

They might care about whether you carry a balance, and they get some money off of you. My personal feeling is that if they require me to give them interest to make them a good card, they're headed for the shredder. But I realize that it's different when you're starting or restarting.

Any experience out there to say whether carrying a balance on WalMart helps with CLI's?
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 7
Regular Contributor

Ok. I guess i meant no balance reported on my statement closing date! lol... I am using it once a month every month but usually pay within 7 days. Thanks!!! will update my experience with my very 1st cli next month. Hope its a few hundred and not 75.00 bucks like i have read they sometimes give...
FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 4 of 7
Moderator Emeritus

Kris1228 wrote:
Ok. I guess i meant no balance reported on my statement closing date! lol... I am using it once a month every month but usually pay within 7 days. Thanks!!! will update my experience with my very 1st cli next month. Hope its a few hundred and not 75.00 bucks like i have read they sometimes give...

I'm sure that's what haulingthescoreup meant, as well.  The two of you are on the same page here, and her advice still applies. Smiley Wink

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. Smiley Surprised )
Message 5 of 7
Senior Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:
CCC's don't care (probably don't even notice) if a balance reports. That's strictly a scoring phenomenon.

They might care about whether you carry a balance, and they get some money off of you. My personal feeling is that if they require me to give them interest to make them a good card, they're headed for the shredder. But I realize that it's different when you're starting or restarting.

Any experience out there to say whether carrying a balance on WalMart helps with CLI's?

IF I'm going to micro manage my Walmart card for that $125 CLI every 4 months I think its time for the white jacket.
Message 6 of 7
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

My experience with the WalMart card is that they will give you a minimal (~$100) CLI after your fourth statement cuts.

That being said, they do not generate statements unless a balance is on your account when the statement period ends.

I didn't like those rules, so I canned them.
Here we go again...
Message 7 of 7