Valued Member
KatherineLee

Walmart Discover Card FICO score

Sorry if this has been covered before - I did try looking.

I know the Walmart card provides a TU08 score once a month, but does it provide any other additional information from the TU report?  Ways to improve score?  Basically, how does it compare to myFICO.com's quarterly monitoring product?

I am thinking of applying for the Walmart Discover card for the FICO score, but I want to know more about what it really gives before I apply.

Also, what are the chances I would get approved for the Walmart Discover over the store card?

Equifax FICO 775 (pulled 7 days ago from myFICO.com)

TU FICO 744 (pulled 2/15/13 from myFICO.com)

Income 25k/year

30k Student loan debt (deferred since in Grad school, but paying $400-500 towards a month).

In my wallet, oldest account 6 years old, youngest is 8 months, AAoA is 2.5 years:

Discover More, 3k

AmEx BCE, 15k    <3

US Bank FlexPerks, 5k

Citibank Mastercard, 2k

Chase Slate, 3k

Kohls, 600

Utilization below 3%.

Inquiries on Equifax and TU, 1 in the past 8 months (unless Chase added one recently). 

Established Contributor
Gunnar419

Re: Walmart Discover Card FICO score

It gives the score (a TU08 model, so it's different than the one you'd get here or the one a mortgage lender would use). Then it gives a brief rundown of factors that are helping or hurt your score. It does NOT give any detail from your credit report.

There's also a graph function so you can track your score from month to month.

New Contributor
danielodonoll

Just the score thats it but i guess thats all you need:smileyvery-happy:

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170
Valued Contributor
armbenderc

I'm still waiting to be upgrade =\

Oh well, April is coming. Time for another CLI :smileyvery-happy:

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Valued Member
KatherineLee

Just applied for the Walmart Discover card and was approved for 1.2k limit.

Officially entering the garden now.  I have a lot of good cards, and a free monthly TU08 FICO score! :smileyhappy:

I felt sort of... dirty applying for this card, though.  They asked for a DL#, which I have never been asked for before.  Shady, shady Walmart card with NO benefits to me other than a FICO score.  Oh well.  I guess I'll wander to Walmart every month or so to get some shampoo or something and run this card. 

Mega Contributor
LS2982

KatherineLee wrote:

Just applied for the Walmart Discover card and was approved for 1.2k limit.

Officially entering the garden now.  I have a lot of good cards, and a free monthly TU08 FICO score! :smileyhappy:

I felt sort of... dirty applying for this card, though.  They asked for a DL#, which I have never been asked for before.  Shady, shady Walmart card with NO benefits to me other than a FICO score.  Oh well.  I guess I'll wander to Walmart every month or so to get some shampoo or something and run this card. 

Man thats a low CL for your scores.

try this # 1877 379 8173 and see if they can increase you. Good Luck!!

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Valued Member
KatherineLee

LS2982 - that number isn't listed as a back door number on the main thread.... Where did you find that number?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+