cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What Was The First Credit Card In Your Name?

Hey Egg I remember that class action suit. That settlement from Sears paid for my first honeymoon in 1998! It was also nice having a $1400 balance wiped out and the card still open.

Message 91 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first CC was a "Clout Visa" from www.clout.com, I can't remember the bank. It had a 5K limit with a 19.99 % APR. I forgot about it after  a while and found out last year it was closed by the CCC since I didn't use it for a longggggggg time. To my suprise the limit got up to $12K while I was in college...that APR was just really rough, considering I had a Amex Gold and other cards with 5.9% APRs....

However, it stinks that they closed it, becuase it was my oldest TL, which was opened in 2003. Oh well-
Message 92 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

Washington Mutual Visa opened 2003 CL of $600 secured. They allowed me two times the security deposit as a credit line (I liked that one) Still have the card but it transformed into a citi platinum account CL 6500 I never intended to close it I have worked hard to build good accounts but you never know. Latest fico from equifax is 739 not sure on the other two but they tend to stay within 20 points or so. Once had a 780 but I added 4 new accounts all at once and fell 100 points. Oh well the damage was done but it will come back of that I am sure.
Message 93 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting how many have posted their fondness for their first card, and some even hanging on to it because it somehow provides a warm fuzzy.
Message 94 of 143
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:
Interesting how many have posted their fondness for their first card, and some even hanging on to it because it somehow provides a warm fuzzy.

Credit blankies! Smiley Very Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 95 of 143
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Anyone ever had a Marshall Fields Card?
Message 96 of 143
audiodesigns

mine was a Boa secured card.
Message 97 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

fused wrote:
Anyone ever had a Marshall Fields Card?

I have one now. Decent card. Just dont' have a store close to me.
Message 98 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

My first card was in 1989 by JC Penny. I worked there. 300 CL- but back then they had something called "major purchase"- it was a separate line attached to the card for things 250 and over w/ diff. interest and terms, and I bought a really good Cannon camera- mabye it was Nikon.

Wish I still had both.
Message 99 of 143
Anonymous
Not applicable

coachhenson wrote:
I would like to ask my parents this question...they both used to have the original credit card wallet back in the late seventies/early eighties when I was a kid and they both looked like accordians when they pulled them out.  I remember the old credit card machine that carbon copied everything.

Hey! We still used those in 89! They're not that old! hehehe
Message 100 of 143
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.