New Contributor

Re: bill me later on ebay?! denied but confused...help!

on another note if you dont mind me asking what are the reasons for denial? I was able to get this bml account with a fico of 620 or less and you say ur fico is 800 should of been automatically approved unless the reasons for denials are other. Just curious

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750

Regular Contributor

my reasons for denial, again, is why i think a "pull" wasnt made. the letter states "your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you"

i hope a pull wasnt made. i mean it seems they dont have enough information....it seems like Bill Me Later called EQ like " um hey we got this kid named jonny born in 82 wana give him some credit? lol....but like a previous poster said, ebay and paypal do have enough information on people to do soft pulls, but i mean i just dont want that hard hard pull. and im guessing without my social, even my last 4, i cant see a hard pull being done. i will check my reports tomorrow...
New Contributor

good luck sounds to me like a pull wasen't made.

SantaMar wrote:
my reasons for denial, again, is why i think a "pull" wasnt made. the letter states "your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you"

i hope a pull wasnt made. i mean it seems they dont have enough information....it seems like Bill Me Later called EQ like " um hey we got this kid named jonny born in 82 wana give him some credit? lol....but like a previous poster said, ebay and paypal do have enough information on people to do soft pulls, but i mean i just dont want that hard hard pull. and im guessing without my social, even my last 4, i cant see a hard pull being done. i will check my reports tomorrow...good luck sounds to

good luck sounds to me like a pull wasen't made.

Current Score: Walmart TU 694 - Credit karma 679 - Credit Sesame 671- VantageScore 695 MyFico ?
Goal Score: 750

Frequent Contributor

doesn't the letter have a disclosure statement something to the tune of if you are denied credit you are entitled to a copy of your report from the reporting agency used its info is found below blah blah blah....i would think there would at least be a number somewhere on there you could call to comeplete the request or in your case to find out if any pull was done.

Amx BCE-15000,Amx Zync-NSPL
Barclay's Mastercard-8100
Credit Union Visa-1200
Discover-7900, Khols-1000
Regular Contributor

yes there is a disclosure statement telling me i can contact EQ and im in titled to a report, which i will get tomorrow, i tried to contact the number but it seems the automated phone tree is massive and getting to a live rep is only available if you buy a report?!? idk....it didnt give me a prompt to speak to somebody....i have yet to get my free yearly report in 2013 so i will use this as the reason...
Frequent Contributor

When you app for a bill me late account you have to put in the last 4 numbers of your social security number. You can't just click a button on accident. So your wife must of did it,

Senior Contributor

My Paypal MC app was extremely easy...
I did indeed need my ssn though.
It's like the only thing they didn't have prefilled haha
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Mega Contributor

Juss11 wrote:

When you app for a bill me late account you have to put in the last 4 numbers of your social security number. You can't just click a button on accident. So your wife must of did it,

Yea that was confusing me as well, almost every card app i've filled out i've had to enter SSN or last 4.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Epic Contributor

On another note just because your paypal is linked to your ebay and she is using it, she can just hit to pay with "other options other than paypal" or whate ever the exact wording they use when you begin the check out just because you have your accounts "linked" Then she can actually turn back around and most of the time paypal is the only payment option so you end up back at a screen to sign in but this time you are not auto signed in and she could sign in to her own paypal and pay.

as far as bill me later, they are easy to get into the app and what not especially if popping up like that which means probably appproved if given right info and I agree you can't put in the info by mistake but you can easily get the letter you got for possibly getting confused that it wanted to verify something of hers or what not and she typed in her info... even though you got the letter and "maybe" even a hp (quick read, looks like you said you didn't so far) but I have personally had that happen... someone else tried to check out with their account they already had open but while in my ebay account and it pulled the other parts not asked for from my info and it instantly didn't go through, I did take a pull but was able to get them to remove it.  The person was able to also sign out of the screens and do over and it was fine... think a cookies thing.

Fico Scores: EQ- 670., TU 710 Sync, EX 728 SoFi(05/04/15)
I'm just trying to catch up to RON1
95 Cards and Counting Smiley Tongue
New Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just wanted to mention that I wasn't approved for BML at first, long short they pull from Experian, my access to my free report would't work with only Experian, other two worked fine, so I called Experian and found out it did not show my current address... not sure why other did but EX didnt but I had to wait for them to snail mail me an access code. Took a week. Got in EX to my report. Then tried again for BML and IT WORKED! The problem was BML couldn't pull EX because of that address thing. The fix was with EX, not BML. 

My original BML error was "your information was incomplete or inaccurate or the circumstances may have suggested that the purchase was not made by you".  So if you call EX- which I got right through and they knew exactly what I needed Smiley Happy You might be able to confirm your idenity on the phone but I couldn't because it was an adress thing. 

Experian:

Contact us toll-free at 1-877-284-7942. For your convenience, our Call Center is open: Monday-Friday from 6 a.m. to 6 p.m., Saturday-Sunday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific Time.

hope that helps a bit

EDIT: just an fyi. I used my original credit of 301.00 straight away, then I did more buying to see if it would approve... it did for another 500.00. Ok so then it limited out and I got the error:

5-16-13   update to add:

So I got an email and it says why it was denied and gave me my score but it was soft pulled by Equifax NOT Experian!! I am confused because I read they pull Experian and when I couldnt get my free report because of the verify identity thing, as soon as I fixed my Experian account access and then BML approved. So I \dont know if they pull one for approval and the other for CLI???

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.