Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thought this was odd..

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

thought this was odd..

i got an old navy card about almost 2 months ago..so last night i decided to get a gap card or so i thought..i got a 7-10 day msg about it...

i thought that if you had one it would be just as easy to get the other..but i guess not..

anyone else had this experience?
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: thought this was odd..

The inquiry and new card could have dropped your credit scores which could result in being declined..   or maybe the fact that they are all virtually the same card?  I have a Gap card and it works at Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Piperlime.
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:
i got an old navy card about almost 2 months ago..so last night i decided to get a gap card or so i thought..i got a 7-10 day msg about it...

i thought that if you had one it would be just as easy to get the other..but i guess not..

anyone else had this experience?

CALL the # on the post left earlier re: pay/pal GEMB. I called and got results today. I had and similar situation with gap last week. but you have to call today if you applied today.
Message 3 of 9
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

kiyahsmom--
what happened to you? and i applied last night about 930 not today...what should i do? what did you have to do or say to them when you called?
Message 4 of 9
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Several of us have been writing about this for weeks.  If you apply for a GEMB card and get the 7-10 day message, CALL THEM!  There is an identity verification glitch in their system!  I had the problem weeks ago... I had to call.. and for every card for which I applied and got the message (and one actual denial) it was clarrified over the phone and I was approved for the card!
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:
kiyahsmom--
what happened to you? and i applied last night about 930 not today...what should i do? what did you have to do or say to them when you called?

I applied in store for a card and was denied. I got a letter a few days later saying they were unable to verify my identity. When i called the csr said they couldn't verify my phone #. Told that i could reapply with a different #. Called today and the csr was able to verify through my other GEMB account. Told me that it wasn't a problem that he would need to do another credit app, and everything was fine.
Message 6 of 9
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

i'm just wondering it i was denied for another reason bc i'm applied for gemb online and never had an issue until the gap card...what number should i call for gap card?
Message 7 of 9
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Don't torture your self. Give them a call and find out.

bamagirl1 wrote:
i'm just wondering it i was denied for another reason bc i'm applied for gemb online and never had an issue until the gap card...what number should i call for gap card?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bamagirl1 wrote:

866-246-4282 GEMB.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.