Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Auto Finance

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Auto Finance

Any have any luck getting a  late removed from them? I have sent 2 GW letters and have gotten the same letter back from them each time basically saying the reporting is correct , also I sent each one to a different address. Should I keep sending them letters ? If so then how often ?
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
CreditDrama85
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Auto Finance

sometimes you get those letters so that the creditor can cover their tracks....but if you dispute with the CRAs and the creditor has your GW letter on file, sometimes they simply won't respond....and the lates will be deleted that way.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks a bunch. Im going to try that. Hope it works then it will leave me with one baddie left and Im still trying to figure that one out.
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i have a question, i was recently car shopping and i wanted to get pre-approval to find out how much i could spend and what my percentage will be.  Well i went to capital one, but it looks like they ran my credit twice.  once on 12/29 and then again on 12/30.  with multiple inquiries this dropped my credit score about 50 points. Does capital one normally run your credit twice? Or do i need to dispute this? Is this something to worry about?
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

an ING. should never drop your scores like that....check your CR for other changes.

Send a letter to Cap1  explaining that they did 2 hard pulls instead of 1. Please delete 1 of them

Message Edited by HappyDays on 02-01-2008 11:12 AM
Message 5 of 6
dtown66
Valued Member

Even if the inquiries were done a day apart, that should not be the reason your score dropped 50 pts.... Multiple auto loan inquiries done within 2 wks should only count as one.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.