Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing online vs. via mail

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Disputing online vs. via mail

Has anyone had better luck with disputing via U.S. mail vs. doing it online?   The cra's I have had responses from say that one of their verification methods is via an automated verification system.   It seems logical that this would be easier to do (and not actually even communicate to and from a creditor) from an online request vs. through the mail.

What are your experiences?  I assume there must be something to this, since all the credit repair companies seem to only do it via the mail, without exception.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
VLGaffEsq
Regular Contributor

Re: Disputing online vs. via mail

I would always be more comfortable using the US postal service, thereby getting a "return receipt requested" document for your file.  You always want to maintain a legitimate paper trail of all you efforts, especially in case you ever have to appear in court.  This paper trail will become your evidence to help prove your case to the judge.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Disputing online vs. via mail

if you dipute on line it makes it easy for them because everything is coded in a way that you do all the work for them. if you send it by mail CMRR then they actrually have to go the extra steps to verify it. Some people have disputed things online and got a response verified the next day . How many do you think got it by sending a letter CMRR?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.