Established Member
hailey22

Fraud Alert I didn't request.....

I am in the process of disputing some things on my credit report. I received a letter in the mail today saying a fraud alert has been put on my report for all three bureaus. Also, when I went back to check on the status of the disputes, they were no longer being investigated. Is this the ca's way of getting out of investigating my dispute? I honestly do not know what's going on so if anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated......
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Re: Fraud Alert I didn't request.....

You have to send them a written request to remove it. You have to write one letter to each CRA.
Established Member
hailey22

Does it have any impact on my reports? And why would they do it if I didn't ask for it?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Yes.. it can make getting new credit difficult. Have you disputed anything recently?
Established Member
hailey22

Yes. That is where this came from. Nothing came of the items I was disputing.
Focused1

You don't have to send the letters certified do you?  I think I want it off mine too.
New Contributor
Migraine

same here,see the post i made..did the same thing happen to you?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=16034

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+