Valued Member
Namtac

Re: GW Example Letters

Who do I send a GW letter to at AMEX (for example)?

Thanks for all of your good advice!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Send it to the address on your report (FYI... MyFICO reports do not include addresses).
Regular Contributor
Neblett

Tuscani,

I used one of your GW letter examples in a FAX to HFC back in April, and lo and behold, today it reported on my FICO ScoreWatch that they honored it and took all the derogatory reporting comments off the account!  It took longer than I expected - almost 2 months - but it happened! 

I think a few more of these need to go out tout de suite!

BTW - didn't raise my score, but it did eliminate a negative tradeline.
Regular Contributor
Neblett

I do think the HFC GW action may increase my TransUnion score when it reports to them, however, since TU has reported the worst part of the account's derogatory history.

Will let you all know!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Neblett wrote:
Tuscani,

I used one of your GW letter examples in a FAX to HFC back in April, and lo and behold, today it reported on my FICO ScoreWatch that they honored it and took all the derogatory reporting comments off the account!  It took longer than I expected - almost 2 months - but it happened! 

I think a few more of these need to go out tout de suite!

BTW - didn't raise my score, but it did eliminate a negative tradeline.

Congrats! The important thing is that it's gone. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
jenkins

i really need to do this, when i left for the military i was unable to pay a few of my bills and they were reported 90 days late due to me being in basic training.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
Vi1976

Tuscani!

You Strike Again!  I had no clue as to what to say in the letter to my mortgage company about a few late payments and your GW letters help me a great deal.

THANK YOU!:smileyhappy:
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

Vi1976 wrote:
Tuscani!

You Strike Again!  I had no clue as to what to say in the letter to my mortgage company about a few late payments and your GW letters help me a great deal.

THANK YOU!:smileyhappy:

My pleasure!
New Contributor
serenity72

Is it possible to get foreclosures and reposessions deleted with goodwill letters?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

serenity72 wrote:
Is it possible to get foreclosures and reposessions deleted with goodwill letters?

You bet!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+