Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP - PROS???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

HELP - PROS???

Not sure if you read my posts about my summary judgment hearing with LVNV (it's actually a little law firm they hired to get their money) but I went to Court, proud that I stood up for myself.  In my responses I did state they purchased and they can't be both purchaser and assignee; the amount is in dispute AND I did NOT respond to their request for Admissions because at that time they did NOT provide proper validation.

Last Saturday I receive the judge's response stating THEIR Motion was granted in part...they have all the rights being an assignee as the OC does...all that is left is to determine the AMOUNT, and it WARRANTS A TRIAL.

TONIGHT in the mail I get this stupid notice that JUDGMENT WAS ENTERED  on 8/7 pursuant to ORDER 8/2.  THERE WAS NO ORDER FOR AN AMOUNT - WHAT GIVES????? 

I emailed a lawyer in town since he's been in the loop on this to see what he says...but I'm also calling the court tomorrow to get the scoop because something is WEIRD...

WHAT do you think anyone?!  Help - I am truly appreciative of the advice and WANT to know what I should do?  I don't have the money, cripes I owe state & feds but that's all the poop credit I have besides this cruddy JDB who is also reporting THIS same stinking account TWICE on EQ!!

IT is really the principal that they are going to get away with it AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HELP - thanks!!!  I need a pill or a drink!

Message Edited by beach123 on 08-09-2007 07:54 PM
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: HELP - PROS???

OMG beach, I am so sorry. I know that money is tight but I would want a lawyer. I have never gone through this so I can be of no help.

GOOD LUCK!!!!!!!
Message 2 of 5
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

I would suggest getting a lawyer also.  I can't remember where I saw the link in this forum, but it gives you an option to enter your state and then shows you lawyers in your area to handle this kind of credit stuff.  I called a lawyer, and they gave a free consultation, and if they  take your case,  and will not charge you unless you win.  This is nice, especially if money is tight.
Message 3 of 5
sunnyday
Frequent Contributor

Also, I don't know why, but the judges always seem to give those scumbags LVNV whatever they want.  When I went to courthouse to file an appeal against them, I seen 2 HUGE bins behind the counter that said LVNV only on it.  They must do this to EVERYBODY!  You won't believe how those bins were filled with judgements.  It sucks, and I hope they start getting sued by us consumers
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks you two, I appreciate it.  I did email the lawyer as I said...I knew LVNV had like 40 lawsuits AGAINST them in TX, but in MN I swear, maybe I should file another complaint with the AG.

I WANT to counterclaim, and am researching HOW to, I understand lawyers get much more credit but I found one through the links listed here and I'm not sure he'll do anything without payment up frontSmiley Sad

Completely understand their position though too -this guy has a super record though and if he thought he'd win, why not?  I only want ONE dollar to FRAME I don't care about the rest except my creditSmiley Happy 
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.