cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait on GW letter?

tag
jo_tmi2

How long to wait on GW letter?

Hi, I am brand new to myfico, I just signed up and recently (last week) enrolled in scorewatch.

I would like to find out how long I should wait before following up after sending a GW letter. I sent one about 2 weeks ago, and have heard nothing back. I also signed up for scorewatch and haven't gotten an update, so I'm assuming they haven't done anything. I sent the letter to Macy's asking for removal of one 30 day late from a year ago. I have had the account for 19 years, and have had a perfect payment record with them except for this one item.

Would I have been better off to have sent an email? I sent the letter regular mail.

Thanks very much !!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How long to wait on GW letter?

Some companies do not answer GWs     some will delete it without notifing you     some will just ignore the GW   some will answer in about 30 days.

I would send 1 ever 60 days.  Calling them will not help. But your 19 years history should get their attention. They do not want to lose a good paying customer.
Message 2 of 3
jo_tmi2

Re: How long to wait on GW letter?

Thanks. I may try again a little sooner than 60 days. I would like to get my score up a little higher to get a better rate on a new car. Maybe the sqeaky wheel will get the grease!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.