cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NEW CCT number to cancel < wait time, etc!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

NEW CCT number to cancel < wait time, etc!

I found a new number you can use to cancel your CCT trial membership over the phone.  The two major benefits I found from this number are far lesser hold times waiting to speak with someone and that the people you speak with are 100% English-speaking.  My quoted wait time was 7-9 minutes (which was accurate) and the person I dealt with was super friendly.  She actually made small talk asking how my day was treating me so far.  I said fantastic and asked her the same and she said that today was "her Friday" so she was looking forward to a few days off.  She was also super casual, for example saying, "even though you just cancelled the trial, on the 5th you can pull your 3B report and scores again which is pretty cool."  Anyway, I dig this way of ending your $1 trial membership if you're the type of person that likes using the phone.  The number is 888-888-8553.  Enjoy everyone!

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
jlitnns
Established Contributor

Re: NEW CCT number to cancel < wait time, etc!

Thank you! I will be working on this today.

Message 2 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wait time just increased to 1hr+ after this post.
Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

The wait time just increased to 1hr+ after this post.

Well, that's no good.  I suppose the benefit of an English-speaking rep with otherwise equal wait times would still be a slight win for some.

I still strongly prefer email as my means to cancel, but I know many prefer the phone.

Message 4 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha I was just kidding BBS, I have only tried CCT once and has been reluctant after reading about all the difficulties of canceling, I might just try again with this new number. Thanks for the info.
Message 5 of 26
Enyx
Valued Member

So far been on hold for 1hr 24min, the word is out! haha

Regarding CCT, my scores haven't updated since the day I signed up (scores say updated on the 29th of Jan) I was initially calling them to ask about this and see if I could get my trial restarted, but with experience of this longgggg hold think I'll just cancel trial and run away!

Message 6 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I thought I'd bump this thread and add another data point.  Tonight I first called the main CCT number, followed by the commonly used "alternate number" and both quoted me a wait time of, "greater than 2 hours."

I then dialed the 888 number I gave back in the first post of this thread and was quoted a wait time of, "5 to 7 minutes."  The actual wait time was 8 minutes and again I was able to quickly cancel in less than 1 minute with someone who spoke English as their first language.

I definitely suggest storing this number if you're the type of person that prefers to cancel over the phone to avoid the excessive wait times of the primary and secondary numbers commonly used.

Message 7 of 26
jgdev
Regular Contributor

Just called this number. Expected wait times > 1 hour. So I decided to just replace my credit card info on the account with a prepaid visa card that has a couple bucks on it. I'm not waiting that long to cancel a membership.

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 8 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jgdevJust called this number. Expected wait times > 1 hour. So I decided to just replace my credit card info on the account with a prepaid visa card that has a couple bucks on it. I'm not waiting that long to cancel a membership.

Did you happen to call either of the other 2 more commonly used numbers?  There were reports of 2-3 hour wait times in the last 2 days on those other 2 numbers, so if you were getting a 1 hour quote from the third number that would still be 1/2 to 1/3 of the wait time, which while ridiculous still represents a significant time savings over the standard numbers. 

Nice job going with the limited balance card though, I definitely believe that's the way to go.  I would send them a cancellation email though, just so you have something time-stamped with a cancellation attempt inside the 7 day trial window.

Message 9 of 26
jgdev
Regular Contributor

I sent them 2 cancellation emails over the last week still no response. I'm well outside the 7 day trial. I have been using it for the past 3 months but was looking to cut back some expenses.

06/01/2022

12/07/17
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.