Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USAA benfits

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

USAA benfits

Had auto with USAA.

Added homeowners.  Dropped cost of Auto $150/year.

Added additional coverage for jewelry, etc.  Dropped auto $288/year

savings/checking.  Dropped cost of Auto $308

Added Life:  Dropped auto $354.

Plus all of the rates on above products were as good, but usually much better than competitors.  I saved in the homeowners, matched next best life, additional coverage for jewelry & misc items was essentially free (cost $77 per year but by adding I saved $70/year on auto), and checking/savings was free and they provided free checks.

So, I got better rates across the board and then saved $354/year additional.

BOTTOM LINE:  USAA rewards loyalty and increased relationships.  Next DW will apply for USAA MC or AMEX.

Message Edited by txjohn on 08-11-2009 11:40 AM
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Eurosooner7
New Contributor

Re: USAA benfits

I have USAA for a 14k cc, 25k auto loan, homewowners/auto insurance. They are the best. I will continue to use them and no one else if I can help it.
FICO Score challenge 2011

1. GOAL 750

2. CURRENT 687 695 679

3 PLANS Decrease UTIL %..Im currently at 75% EEEEKKK!!!
Message 2 of 17
tater72
Valued Member

I have USAA checking, savings, credit cards, auto insurance and homeowners insurance. I found out yesterday from my mortgage broker that if you let USAA know that a competitor is offering you a better rate then will match it on the spot. USAA loves their loyal members.

Starting Score: 659
Current Score: 686
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

Can anyone become a member of USAA?  I was in the AFROTC while in college.  My dad is a member of the Army National Guard?  I was allowed to become a member moments ago. I received a membership number.  Will they kick me out?
Message Edited by DI on 08-12-2009 10:50 PM
Message Edited by DI on 08-12-2009 10:51 PM
Message Edited by DI on 08-12-2009 10:51 PM
Message 4 of 17
Eurosooner7
New Contributor

Once you are a member you can not be kicked out to my knowledge

1. GOAL 750

2. CURRENT 687 695 679

Message 5 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@Eurosooner7 wrote:
Once you are a member you can not be kicked out to my knowledge

I was allowed to enroll. But, I am not acknowledged as being a member.  

Message 6 of 17
Eurosooner7
New Contributor

Thats really odd. What do they tell you when you talk to their customer service?

1. GOAL 750

2. CURRENT 687 695 679

Message 7 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

@Eurosooner7 wrote:
Thats really odd. What do they tell you when you talk to their customer service?

I was sent this message via secured email on USAA website.  Should I call and speak with someone?

If your father is currently living, he is eligible for USAA membership as a person retired through the military.  If your father establishes a USAA auto or property insurance policy, you will then become eligible for all USAA services.  Please ask him to contact us at 1-800-531-8722 to establish his eligibility.  In order to be eligible for USAA as a cadet in the AFROTC, you will currently need to be in the program either under scholarship or contract.  If you are currently in the program, please provide your future commission date and the type of ROTC program that you are in.  Please specify if you are under an ROTC scholarship or contract.  If you have any additional questions and would prefer to speak to someone over the phone, please contact us at 1-800-531-8722. 

We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs.

Thank you,
Monica Louise Ramirez
USAA

Message 8 of 17
Eurosooner7
New Contributor

Hmm. For me it was so easy, I guess maybe my grandfather called in advance and prepared them for me calling. Does your father use them for anything?

1. GOAL 750

2. CURRENT 687 695 679

Message 9 of 17
DI
Super Contributor

No, he does not.  I sent them an email asking if there's any other option to become an eligible member. I'm waiting on a response.
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.