Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Goodwill

tag
bonddiva07
Valued Member

Verizon Goodwill

I was wondering is anyone had a good contact for Verizon to get a paid collection removed from my report.  I tried numerous PFD to the address listed on my report and also asked over the phone (I know the phone is not my friend but I was trying everything).  I already paid the collection and I want to try to goodwill it off my report.  Any help would be appreciated.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
bonddiva07
Valued Member

Re: Verizon Goodwill

bump
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't read of anyone recent having GW luck w/ Verizon. Maybe try doing a search of Verizon & see if there are older instances.

Either way, I continually read that time & persistence are the keys to GW deletes. Just keep sending once a month or so... you never know when someone new might pick up the letter.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

i recently got an over the phone delete from them. it was a valid CO from their perspective, but bogus from mine.

i think the clincher was the length of my contact with them. i was a paid up customer for 7 years, and then i switched my phone to corporate account. how long were you with them?
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow! you just called??? what dept. did you ask for?  I have an old charge-off as well. from 2004.  I have been with Verizon since 2000 and i even work for the bastards!  I sent a GW letter 3 weeks ago.  no luck!
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dealing with Columbus OH is pintless - deal with your local office (send it there).
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

local office???  like a kiosk??  i'm not sure how to find out the number for a local office.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Verizon Wireless?  Send to the corporate office - .

Headquarters: Chairman and CEO Ivan G. Seidenberg Network | E-mail
EVP and CFO Doreen A. Toben Network | E-mail   

140 West St.
New York, NY 10007
United States

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 04-01-2008 11:43 AM

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 04-01-2008 11:44 AM
Message 8 of 10
mlynne37wiu
Valued Member

I tried to GW Verizon Wireless numerous times with no luck.  I even called and talked people and it didn't help.  I've been a customer for over 6 years and it was over an $80 late payment that was on my sister's phone.  They said they couldn't delete accurate information from the credit reports but I saw something on here before about writing a "letter of circumstance" stating why you couldn't pay/didn't pay and not mention anything about money that's been paid, but that you would just like it deleted from your reports.  I'm actually going to be working on it later today.  And I'm going to send it every few weeks if I don't get an "ok."  From reading the messages here, persistence may pay off, so I'm going to keep trying.  Good luck.  They are a tough bunch!

Michele
October 2008 TU 687 EQ 644 EX 698

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

mlynne37wiu,

Did you have anyluck with verizon? I am working on a GW letter now trying to get a paid after C/O.

Thanks,

J.

Message Edited by autoseals on 04-04-2008 09:55 PM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.