Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone close with CountryWide recently?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone close with CountryWide recently?

Just wondering how likely it is that they'll re-pull DH's CRs ...

Since we used our CCs for Christmas, we'll probably have higher balances than we did when we apped (perhaps going from roughly 30% util to 45% util, worst case) and hoping they DON'T re-pull.

Please don't get me wrong, we CAN pay them off before closing/reporting, but since we keep having to pay certain costs out-of-pocket right now (Earnest Money, Survey, inspection, WDO, etc), we'd rather wait until ALL of the upfront stuff's been paid FIRST before we attack the balances.

DH's LO said that the "biggest" issue would be changing our DtI (fat lotta chance of THAT happening) BUT that spiraling DH's FICOs would also be bad.

Right now, we're trying to keep as much $$ in our accounts.

Any advice, suggestions, etc, much, much appreciated!
Message Edited by Wonderin on 12-31-2008 10:00 PM
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Anyone close with CountryWide recently?

Bump, please? Pretty please?
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i am closing on tuesday with standard pacific mortgage which will be selling to countrywide as soon as possible lol....

i know they pulled our credit reports the 19th, and they pulled our account history (bank info ect) also the same day.

if you have scorewatch, it will tell you when and if they pull again. my guess is they will pull one more time before you sign...just from experience.

however we did go on a VA mortgage, but our LO told us they would pull before we signed, just so we knew not to charge anything up...

even if you have the money to pay it off, you may have a issue for the UW if they feel you have "frivolous spending habbits"

we have 32 grand in the bank from a car accident settlement. i cant spend a dime sideways, but i am telling you when those papers are signed i'm going to have a hayday lol...the only thing i have bought with it so far is a trip to disneyland next weekend to celebrate this LOOONNNGGG road.

i am sure it will all be fine, i know they expect you to spend at the holidays. the only thing i can see them doing is making you pay them down before closing...which you might want to go ahead and do anyway Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd also LOVE to know about how long CW takes to do the final underwrite. I realize that the title work has to be done, and the appraisal, too.

I guess I'm just still stressing -- we were approved via AUS, and told "not to worry" -- but when you're biting your nails, stressing out over every single penny (wanting to keep as much funds in our bank accounts so we look uber good on "paper" to them) ... well, I'm dyin' ovah heyah.

Plus, we weren't able to give them our bank statements (Wacky's being difficult -- would only let me download the most recent one, so I "supplemented" with a printout of our last 60 days of transactions). Will that hold us up? Are regular everyday printouts valid?

Thank you so much in advance for all the advice, opinions, and such!! It's much appreciated!! Hopefully, once this is all dealt with and I can breathe again, I can (once more?) be a valid contributor instead of an "advice-moocher!"

Happy New Year, ya'll!!
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply NavyWendy!! Smiley Happy

Well, our spending habits have mainly been to use our CCs and then pay them off, so they'll see fairly big payments every month to WaMu (especially). However, most of that has been Christmas shopping and whatnot. :/

May I ask how the pulled your bank account info? I mean, did they ask YOU for it or did they just speak directly with your bank??

I was really hoping that we could, if it came down to it, just do a verification of deposit. A family member "borrowed" my CheckCard number so we had a few overdrafts within the last three months, so I'm nervous about that. We did, of course, choose to NOT file a police report. We did, however, change CheckCard numbers -- for whatever that's worth.

While that probably would have only been a wee blip on the radar for others, DH already had to write a Letter of Explanation for several baddies on his CRs. One more LoX would really suck, I think. :/

Thanks, again, NavyWendy!! Congrats on closing!! Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious navywendy, what did you mean they pulled your account history (bank info ect) the same day? How (& what) did they pull that?
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

when i signed my GFE i also gave them our account numbers. i didnt have to print out a bank statement because they could pull it directly from the bank with my account number and signed authorization.

when they "pulled" this info, they basically called the bank and asked that i still recieved DD money for funds, and i still had a positive balance in the account, and what that balance was.

as for the OD's, i wouldn't worry about. we had one on our account and they didn't even ask about it. for 3 you may have to write a letter explaining it. thats about it...should be fine if you show you dont make it a habit.

as for the "pulls" they pulled my credit report on the 19th, and i saw that by scorewatch on myfico. it showed what my FICO was when they pulled, and then i was told by USAA that my LO called asking for account info.

i wouldn't worry about anything. from experience i have worried about it all, but if there was anything to worry about your LO will tell you...trust them when they say dont worry...in my case she ment it Smiley Happy

Message Edited by navywendy00 on 01-01-2009 06:54 PM
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

when i signed my GFE i also gave them our account numbers. i didnt have to print out a bank statement because they could pull it directly from the bank with my account number and signed authorization.

Hmmm .... DH hasn't signed anything yet. Not a single slip of paper. We have, however, given them our account numbers. 

when they "pulled" this info, they basically called the bank and asked that i still recieved DD money for funds, and i still had a positive balance in the account, and what that balance was.

as for the OD's, i wouldn't worry about. we had one on our account and they didn't even ask about it. for 3 you may have to write a letter explaining it. thats about it...should be fine if you show you dont make it a habit.

Well, there's about 5 of them. Stupid me, I went for about a week without checking our accounts -- we weren't spending anything (at least, not via our bank accounts -- just on CCs), so I didn't think I NEEDED to, you know? 

as for the "pulls" they pulled my credit report on the 19th, and i saw that by scorewatch on myfico. it showed what my FICO was when they pulled, and then i was told by USAA that my LO called asking for account info.

i wouldn't worry about anything. from experience i have worried about it all, but if there was anything to worry about your LO will tell you...trust them when they say dont worry...in my case she ment it Smiley Happy

Message Edited by navywendy00 on 01-01-2009 06:54 PM

Well, our issue with the whole "Don't worry" thing is that I keep hearing that with CW, you seem to either get REALLY good LOs or really BAD LOs. I keep worrying that ours is just concerned with their bottom line more than anything. I *like* her, don't get me wrong, but still, I realize that I don't KNOW her. You know what I mean?

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

i understand exactly what you mean, afterall they are there to make money...

if you have any questions just call your LO. i called mine about everyday, because dont worry it will be X amount of days doesn't cut it for me.

i wanted answers and i would bug the crap outta her until i got them Smiley Tongue

i am pretty sure the whole bunch of people i worked with are just glad to get me outta there lol..

but seriously, if you have any questions at all just ask, that is what you pay them for after all!

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.