Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USDA Loan

tag
ashandmike
New Visitor

USDA Loan

hey thanks for all that information you posted, very helpful, however, im in the grand prairie area (DFW) and have a credit score around 576. I was told by a lender we could not pursue USDA Guranteed loan until we were at minimum 640, IS this totally true? If you dont mind me asking, what loan officer you had / and or underwriter (lender).. 

we are disputing items on credit so score should go up (given time), but what were the overall credit scores to start/finish process? Any info would be appreciated..

thanks 

OP, I edited the post and started your own thread.  Feel free to change the subject.  guiness56, myFICO Moderator.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
ShanetheMortgageMan
Super Contributor

Re: USDA Loan

Most lenders are looking for a 620 or 640 score for USDA financing.  Reason being is that underwriting is easier and there is a less of a chance that when the file gets sent to USDA at the end of the process that they'd deny it.  There are a few lenders starting to go down to a 580 score though.

Is your income level eligible for the direct version of USDA financing?  If so then you may have better luck going direct rather than through a lender.

Free Mortgage Advice & Pre-Approvals (FHA, VA, USDA, Fannie, Freddie, Non-Prime, Construction, Renovation/Rehab, Commercial) since 2002
Located in Southern California and lending in all 50 states
Message 2 of 3
rideswithchrist1
New Contributor

Re: USDA Loan

if you are below median income, try the USda Direct loan.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.