Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NLUS San Diego alive and well

tag
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

NLUS San Diego alive and well

For those that may still be interested in joining NFCU via NLUS San Diego you should know that membership was never shut down. There was a prior post stating an out of state application, an elusive email, and higher ups at the San Diego Chapter claiming shutdown. You do not have to live here in California, you have a choice on which chapter you would like to join. I do have a name and phone number of the director that is in charge of membership here in San Diego, I will not post but happy to PM anyone. He is very interested in the email and who the higher ups were. 

And last, I want to apologize for my part in getting YoureWelcome's thread shut down. He did a great service to many and said from the beginning he was afraid of the drama. I should of kept my cool, investigated be hind the scenes. There were so many great posts, people checking and double checking to make sure that their membership was on the up and up. Again I'm sorry and I hope this helps more people.

Message 1 of 1,187
1,186 REPLIES 1,186
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: NLUS San Diego alive and well

That's great news for anyone that still wants a bonafide 100% legitimate way into NFCU, and you get to support a great organization while you do it.  I looked into the NLUS after I joined and I was very impressed with all the different things they do.  I intend to stay a member, $25.00 a year isn't a lot of money and for an organization with only around 38,000 nationwide so every every membership counts. 

Props to Wizdog1 for doing all the legwork on this and coming back with the answers. 

Message 2 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

I need to be clear about one point. You do not have to live here in California to be eligible to join the San Diego Chapter of NLUS but you have to be a member of San Diego Chapter to be eligible for membership with NFCU this way. 

Message 3 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Thanks Sandcat, not only were they never shut down or ever denied out of state applications, The San Diego Chapter is very proud to be the way in to NFCU if you are not otherwise eligible. 

Message 4 of 1,187
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the update Wizdog1. I had a feeling tht the information was not accurate. I joined via SD membership. No probems whatsoever. I can post the link where the inaccurate information was shared and mention of the email from the higher-ups was mentioned if you'd like.Smiley Very Happy 

Message 5 of 1,187
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Joined San Diego Council today.. Thanks for the info... Getting ready to pounce coming up on Citi Costco and NFCU at the same time while I am out getting Citi Costco

Message 6 of 1,187
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can confirm it still works. I joined the navy league on the 15th and my membership to nfcu was approved last night. Already been approved for cloc and visa.
Message 7 of 1,187
Wizdog1
Regular Contributor

Thanks Olivegirl but I don't know if moderators will think it's appropriate to post the link,  however anyone new looking at this would wonder what the heck I'm talking about.

Maybe they will chime in and let us know, I have a feeling they are watching. YoureWelcome was hoping to get a number on how many people his information helped, hopefully it can still happen. 

Message 8 of 1,187
Royalbacon
Frequent Contributor

@Wizdog1 wrote:

He is very interested in the email and who the higher ups were. 

He probably made it up to create drama

Chapter 7 Bankruptcy Filed-September 2020 Discharged-December 2020
Kohl's Credit Card $3000 Limit (Opened October 2016) Survived Bankruptcy for whatever reason
Closed Capital One Venture One $3000 Limit (Opened December 2020, Closed by me September 2022 since I wanted the SavorOne and couldn't product change to it)
Capital One Auto Loan (Opened March 2021)
Capital One Cabela's $5000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
America First Credit Union Visa $1000 Limit (Opened December 2021)
Capital One SavorOne $5000 Limit (Opened September 2022)
Sam's Club Mastercard Synchrony Bank $2500 Limit (Opened March 30 2023) (Burned Synchrony in my CH7 BK, One card with a $745 balance)
Idaho Central Credit Union ICCU Visa $10,000 Limit (Opened April 2023)
Message 9 of 1,187
olivegirl
Regular Contributor

The information surely helped me and I am very appreciative for it- Thanks, I hope that more people will be able to benefit as well. If you look under my name, you will find the thread. It has been closed now. The individual who posted the mis-information did do damage and discouraged several  fico members who had begun the process of joining SDNL. Thanks again for making the effort to provide some damage contol. Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 1,187
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.