kcharm

Desperate Help Needed!!!!

I made the terrible mistake of paying off old collections without negotiating a deletion.  What was I thinking.  Can someone please tell me the next step I need to do to get them removed from my credit?

Alpat Collections- payment after chargeoff/collection

Asset Acceptance LLC- Payment after Charge off/Collection

Enhanced Recovery Company- Payment after chargeoff/collection

National Credit Systems- Payment after chargeoff/collection

WFNNB/Avenue- Payment after chargeoff/collection

World Finance- Payment after chargeoff/collection

Security Finance- Payment after chargeoff/collection

Has anyone had to deal with these companies?  

Any assistance I can get will be desperately appreciated.

Frequent Contributor
Tooliebell

Re: Desperate Help Needed!!!!

I haven't dealt with any of those companies specifically.  Only thing you can do now that they are paid is to ask for goodwill removals.  I will say my GW removals did not come until at least a year after the charge off and many months after the payment.

Don't get frustrated.  Try GW letters and if they don't work this time, try again in a couple of months.  In the meantime, make all of your payments on time and don't apply for a lot of new credit.

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

Re: Desperate Help Needed!!!!

OP, welcome to the forums!

Common Abbreviations

Credit Scoring 101 - great for knowing what is in your credit score and to see how your score is impacted.

What Steps Do I Take - great for learning the repair process.

and Example letters - PFDs, GWs, DVs, etc.

Ditto. I'd send GWs to all CAs asking for a deletion. For the WFFNB, send a GW if that account isn't your oldest or among your oldest TLs. If the DOFD of that account is approaching 7 yrs, then I wouldn't do anything to it.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+