cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hooters card charged off !! 2 returned payments for insuff funds and now charged off ??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hooters card charged off !! 2 returned payments for insuff funds and now charged off ??

I have been in the Hospital for the past 2 months and now being back into the swing of things I come to find out that my Hooters card has been charged off, for what looks like, 2 returned payments for insufficient funds in my bank account.  This is crazy and is going to devistate the rebuilding of my credit.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to recourse for this ?  I was unable to deposit money into my bank account and I don't know a creditor in the world who gives up that easily on someone especially with a perfect payment history prior to these 2 returned payments.  Any help is appreciated

thanks,

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Hooters card charged off !! 2 returned payments for insuff funds and now charged off ??

Call them

Message 2 of 4
william23
Regular Contributor

Re: Hooters card charged off !! 2 returned payments for insuff funds and now charged off ??

Wow what was the balance?? To my understanding companies dont charge it off that quick I could be wrong weird.....

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi mjk - welcome - glad you're here!

It might be worth giving them a call.  I certainly would.

Explain your situation, and take responsibility for the bounced checks.  Apologize for them.

Remind them of your excellent prior history.  (Remember the bounced checks are now part of your history as well).  Be careful not to say things like "I couldn't deposit cash into my bank account" because they will then want to know why you wrote checks that you knew were bad.  Just explain the situation, be accountable.

Remain kind and patient, escalate to a supervisor if you need to.

Call during regular business hours.

Best wishes - hope you're experiencing a full recovery from the hospital visit!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.