cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Judgment set aside!!!! HAPPY :)

tag
hippychic823
Regular Contributor

Re: UPDATE: Steps to Vacate. I need HELP!!!!

@ Pickle: would this process work for an old judgement that is PIF? I have a $200 judgement from a local hospital on my CR that is PIF but looks oh so ugly on there and would like to have it removed. Would I just contact the attorney that filed the judgement or do I contact the hospital or the courthouse? Thanks in advance Smiley Happy
Message 21 of 41
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

That is awesome. His email did say he was contacting his client in regards to having this set aside. I have already paid them, and have been talking with them through the BBB because I was told when I paid this it would be removed from my credit reports and wasnt. They told me they couldnt remove the debt and I had to contact the attorney regarding motion to vacate. I sent them a response stating that,  non removal of the debt was fine (its very old) and informed them the attorney would be contacting them to seek approval to vacate and I requested they not object.

Havent heard anything back yet, but I hope he is able to file this. It would take SO much stress off of my mortgage process.

cross your fingers guys! Smiley Happy

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 22 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think it depends on the statute of limitations in your state, but from what I understand (and I've done hours of research!) most attorneys are willing to do this, especially when it's paid in full, as long as there aren't any laws in place. They will probably charge for it, I know I paid $100, but worth it in my opinion.

Contact the attorney's office first and ask if they will file a Motion to Vacate or Dismiss Judgment on an account paid in full. The court can't do anything unless they have the paperwork from the attorney, and the attorney's office will also tell you if it's even possible.

Good luck!

Message 23 of 41
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

UPDATE:

I received this email from the attorney just now!!!!!

Mr. Starkey,

I received permission from my client and am therefore sending a motion to set aside the judgment entered in this matter today.  You should receive a copy of it in the mail in the next couple days.

Thanks,

So does this sound like I can get it taken off my reports? I didnt have to pay anything and I should get a copy in the mail. This should make my score JUMP as its the only recent blemish I have Smiley Happy

So excited!!!

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 24 of 41
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

UPDATE:

I received this email from the attorney just now!!!!!

Mr. Starkey,

I received permission from my client and am therefore sending a motion to set aside the judgment entered in this matter today.  You should receive a copy of it in the mail in the next couple days.

Thanks,

So does this sound like I can get it taken off my reports? I didnt have to pay anything and I should get a copy in the mail. This should make my score JUMP as its the only recent blemish I have Smiley Happy

So excited!!!

Wow, that's great !!!   Once you get a copy of the order to vacate/set aside signed and approved by the judge then I think you'll be good to go Smiley Happy

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 25 of 41
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

so should I just wait a couple of weeks and request this copy signed by the judge from the court? Im so excited I cant even think straight.

Message 26 of 41
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@jcstarkey8826 wrote:

so should I just wait a couple of weeks and request this copy signed by the judge from the court? Im so excited I cant even think straight.

Yep, the court/judge will likely take a few weeks ( at least ) to get around to reviewing and approving the request.    They might actually mail you a copy if the request filed by the attorney or the court has your current address.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 27 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Very exciting news! Congratulations. I would call the courts today or tomorrow and ask them how long it typically takes. With mine, the attorney told me it would be a month. When I called the court (which is a smaller court), they said it would be a week or two, tops.

Message 28 of 41
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Very exciting news! Congratulations. I would call the courts today or tomorrow and ask them how long it typically takes. With mine, the attorney told me it would be a month. When I called the court (which is a smaller court), they said it would be a week or two, tops.

Great, I will call them and ask about how long it takes. Im not starting the mortgage process for a few more months, so Im in no rush now. Now that the judgment is being removed I can breathe easy, and deal with the stress of JUST the mortgage process and not my score Smiley Happy

Message 29 of 41
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Very Awesome outcome, grats!

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 30 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.