Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Midland Deleted!!

tag
subzeroepsilon
Established Member

Re: Midland Deleted!!

I noticed on all 3 of my CRs that I have entries for BOTH the OC (Aspire Visa) and the CA (Midland). Do I need to specifically request removal from the OC, then once that is done, send off a not-so-polite request to Midland?

Current cards: US Bank LANPass Secured Visa ($300) | Fingerhut FreshStart ($130) | DCU Secured Visa ($500 - DECLINED)

Starting Score: TU 486 | EX 510 | EQ ???
Current Score: TU 486 | EX 510 | EQ ???
Goal Score: 700

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 61 of 71
kampfer09
Frequent Contributor

Can someone pm me the letter you wrote so I can mail to them as well.
Message 62 of 71
fecfec
Established Member

Does anyone have a Supervisor, Manager or Lead person contact info for Midland? I would like to resend my FTC ruling to someone in charge.

Message 63 of 71
fecfec
Established Member

What address did you send your letter to?

Message 64 of 71
Tiffnaliyah

Hi there, can you tell me where to locate the case number. Ive looked through the FTC website and cannot locate this case.

Message 65 of 71
goosedog
Regular Contributor

Just send them the following letter. I have had success with it in getting stuff removed from the original creditor

To (talk to a supervisor or manager at Midland):

I am writing to dispute the inaccurate charges on my account in the amount(s) of , and posted on (date of chargeoff or FD). I request that you remove the reporting of account (xxxxxxx), send me an updated and accurate statement, and close the account. I also request that you stop reporting this inaccurate information and report the correct information to all of the nationwide credit reporting companies (CRCs) to which you provided it to by removing the information from my credit report files. I have already placed a freeze on my credit report with all three CRA and also placed an identity theft alert with them as well to block all my information unless it is me accessing it directly with a password only known to me.

Enclosed is a copy of the Notice to Furnishers of Information issued by the Federal Trade Commission, which details your responsibilities under the Fair Credit Reporting Act as an information furnisher to CRCs. (print off a copy and send it in with your letter)

Please investigate this matter and send me a written explanation of your findings and actions. If this issue is not resolved by x-x-2013, I will file an official complaint with the Better Business Bureau, and file complaints with the FTC-consumer financial protection bureau department as well advising them of inaccurate reporting. I will also file a complaint with the (STATE) attorneys generals office-consumer fraud division (each state has one), and also retain the services of a consumer law lawyer to file a class action lawsuit for credit Damage.

Sincerely

Mr. Smith

Message 66 of 71
fecfec
Established Member

OMG!!! I got a second letterdated 05/28/2013  from Midland, saying they will be deleting the TL from my Credit report. I have two accounts with them, sent FTC ruling for both but it only listed the one account in the letter. I am going to wait it out and see if both accounts are deleted. I will also add that when I faxed the letter I got a response to  pay immediately. But then I resent the letter s Certified mail then FINALLY got the delete letter. Good luck and thanks for all the posts. I will post when it actually is removed from my credit report.

Message 67 of 71
MaRain
Regular Contributor

I haven't received a letter as of yet but Midland has been deleted from my TU and EQ CR's!!! Thanks to everyone who posted info regarding the FTC ruling. 

Back in the garden until 10/2015.

Starting Score: EQ 714, EX 658, TU 691 (pulled by mortgage lender on 10/7/14)
Current Score: EQ 656, EX 660, TU 660 (FAKOS pulled on 3/26/15)
Goal Score: EQ 760, EX 700, TU 760

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 68 of 71
fecfec
Established Member

Both Midland accounts have been removed from TU. Experiam only removed the one account. No sure about Equifax yet. Note: Be sure to note all midland account in the entire letter. I failed to do this. I will be resending letter with the one remaining acocunt.

Message 69 of 71
HectorVictorious
Regular Contributor

Could anybody help me out and PM me a copy of the letter that they had success with? I had a Tribute Mastercard and It has been wrecking havoc on my credit report.  I would greatly appreciate it.

~Hector

Starting Score: 503
Current Score: 591
Goal Score: 700

Cards: First Progress Secured Card $600.00; U.S. Bank Secured Card $500.00

Goal: AMEX Rewards Card, Purchase House by the end of 2014
Message 70 of 71
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.