cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Advice: Pay off or let OC sell account?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Advice: Pay off or let OC sell account?

Bank of America:

Balance:$329.77

It is already on CR as Charge Off. Recovery Dept told me tonight that there is no way that they will take it off CR even if I pay in full. they would report it as satisfied. So ? what is better pay in full for them to report satisfied or let it be sold and make a deal with the new owner of account?

Thanks

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Advice: Pay off or let OC sell account?

Hi thch91!

thch91 wrote:

Bank of America:

Balance:$329.77

It is already on CR as Charge Off. Recovery Dept told me tonight that there is no way that they will take it off CR even if I pay in full. they would report it as satisfied. So ? what is better pay in full for them to report satisfied or let it be sold and make a deal with the new owner of account?

Thanks

What is this debt for (bank account, car loan, credit card)? When did it go bad (date of first default)?

If you owe the debt, you should pay it. However, I wouldn't give up on a PFD just yet. If you can give more detail about the debt, we may be able to give you some suggestions to possibly get them to agree to delete. Failing that, pay them, and start goodwilling them.

You will gain absolutely NOTHING by allowing a CA to get this and start reporting. You will, however, lose even more points when they do. Avoid that end at all costs. Even if you got the CA to agree to not report, that has no bearing, at all, on what the OC can and will report.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.