Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need urgent help

tag
Rice1o5
Established Member

Need urgent help

I got a random phone call from someone saying she was a registered courior to serve papers and she was giving me a courtousy call to let me know she was going to show up at ALL home addresses and ALL places of work listed under my SSN tomorrow between a certain time and she wanted to give me a courtousy call because she didnt want to waste her time or her gas. She told me to call the number of the people who hired her to reschedule if need be. I call that number and is said the company name was Collaborative Resolution Group. I searched that company name and nothing came up, i also searched that companys number and nothing comes up. I called back the number of the "registered courior" and it rang and rang and went to a NONE set up voicemail... (so you cant even leave a voicemail with her) Does this sound legit ??? I have been served papers before and never recieved and call like this before.  It seems fishy to me. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
credit-hunter
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need urgent help

Its a Scam to get you to call them Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 5
Rice1o5
Established Member

also the number they gave me to call is a 716 number and based out of New York... i live in Colorado. The actual number that called me IS a colorado number but when i call that number it rings and rings... so i called the 716 number that the lady told me to call....and it doesnt even ring it just says "Hi youve reached the Collobrative resolution center leave a message after the beep" but like i said I google this 716 number and Collaborative Resolutioin Center and NOTHING pops up

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

IT really does seem fishy to me...depending what state you live in, I dont think anyone can go to ALL your home place and work to serve you paper.  They can not threaten you as well, however they can call  you or/and your work place to ask for you to collect debt.

Go to the site (link below) and click on the state you resident in. Look up the name of the CA and make sure they are register and license in your state.  IF they are NOT they have no legal right to collect debt from you. When they call tell them you will file a complaint against them and demand them not to contact you again.

http://www.residentagentinfo.com/

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

First off - the LAST thing a process server would do is alert a person that they are going to be served! Hell if I knew a server was going to show up tomorrow, I'd spend the day at the lake fishing just to make them waste their time.

This was nothing more than a ruse to make you call that number.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.