Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PFD Questions-

tag
thejessulator
Valued Member

PFD Questions-

Good Morning!

So I got my taxes (WOO!) and need to send out these dang PFD letters so I can get this debt paid off.  My goal is to finance a car by end of summer, so I need to get my booty in motion!

It's scary sending these out for the first time, so I'd like to make sure they're perfect--

1) Do I need the original creditor acct number?  When I pulled my reports on here, it doesn't have them (not even partially)... but I do have the CA's acct number?  Not sure which one to use...

2) Which amt do I use?  Some of them don't match up??

3) If I owe a CA on multiple accts, do I need a seperate PFD for ea? Or can I do a combo PFD?

If you have any other advice please let me know, I appreciate it!! Smiley Happy

J

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: PFD Questions-

If an account is under collection, you first need to know whether the OC sill owns the debt, or if it was sold to the debt collector.  You can usually tell that by looking that the reporting by the OC.  If the OC is now reporting a $0 balance, that indicates that they sold the debt.

If the OC still owns the debt, you could offer PFD to one or the other.  Who you offer the PFD to depends on which of the account reportings you are seeking deletion of.

If the OC has sold the debt, you cannot offer payment to the OC.

Before you offer a PFD, you should first know if the debt is still within SOL.

Message 2 of 4
thejessulator
Valued Member

Well, I got that part... I just wanted to make sure because on the PFD examples it shows the original OC acct number, so I wanted to make sure I wasn't going to ef something up if I gave them the CA acct. 

There's only one OC reporting $0.00 on my report, and the rest aren't reporting at all... just the CA.

All within SOL... all being PIF.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

If the debt collector has collection authority, they have a contract with the OC, and certainly know who they are and the account they are collection on.

Use the address provided in their collection notice, and attach a copy of that notice.  Their collecxtion accont number adequately identifies the OC account.

That would be sufficient.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.