Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Public Records

tag
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

Public Records

I pulled up my credit report. I see I had an account that went to public records. anyway to remove this? thanks

Judgment in favor of:
CAPITAL ONE BANK USA N A

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Public Records

@netsfan549 wrote:

I pulled up my credit report. I see I had an account that went to public records. anyway to remove this? thanks

Judgment in favor of:
CAPITAL ONE BANK USA N A

Is it paid?  What is the filing date?

Message 2 of 8
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

yeah, I paid it in full and 2010

Message 3 of 8
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@netsfan549 wrote:

yeah, I paid it in full and 2010

See if your state allows you to file a motion to vacate on grounds its been paid in the court that granted it. The reasons you can have a judgment vacated will be found in your states codified laws that govern the workings of the civil court system. You can look online for the info as most states have their laws posted.

Message 4 of 8
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

I am from New Jersey but weird thing is I never went to court. I paid entire balance with collections agency. and Thank you

Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Did you pay prior to court date, and did you receive notice from the court of dismissal of the case?

Message 6 of 8
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

yeah, I paid before court date. and I dont remember. it was such a long time ago

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

You may need to contact the lawyer that filed the suit and see if they will file a motion to dismiss since it was paid before the case went to court. These lawyers typically go into court with dozens, sometime hundreds of cases at once. I'm not surpised that some slip through the cracks.

Don't know whether you can file the motion yourself or not, depends on the court.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.