Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The next big thing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: The next big thing

One thing I'd love to see is a restaurant perk for high end places. Say a card with Ruth's Chris benifits where you get the best table in the house and say free appetizers and or drinks when you use the credit card. Also on those nights like valentine's day you get a guaranteed table if you call 24 hours before hand.
Message 11 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
I disagree. Now that paying with plastic has become 'the norm', the additional cost of merchant processor fees is figured into the cost of merchandise. Don't get me wrong, some merchants still refuse to accept it, or still whine about it, but they're becoming the minority.

The issue is more that businesses feel "forced" to do so at this point due to, like you said, card payments becoming "normal". Combined with smaller businesses not getting nearly as good of a deal on processing as Walmart, etc., it's no wonder the number of places with minimums has gone up, at least around here.

I don't know, I think more places are actually not accepting them or have a minimum dollar amount or offering a discount for cash.

I'm back at school down at UCI (where you figure virtually everyone has a credit card) and there's more than a simple handful of places which have these issues.  Including the on campus bar... I actually used my debit card to get cash for the first time since I joined this forum.  

        
Message 12 of 15
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
If Bofa and Wells Fargo want to be considered serious in the Credit Card business, they're going to need to come out with something asap.

To be fair, when has WF ever cared about the credit card market?  They're still pushing mortgages like they're going out of style.

Bank priorities shift over time, if some day in the future WF wanted to attract credit card customers it's not like they don't have the knowledge and ability to do so: it's not exactly a secret sauce needed for creating a good credit card.

        
Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well i guess amex is the next big thing. However even with the AF going up i still dont see the need in any of the added bennies. Uber is great if you live in the big city areas, but the major set back is still the airline credits. When will amex ever learn to get the credit for airfare itsrlf.

I wish i could pull the lever on this card before the AF goes up but the bennies are not there.

I am prob going to go down to 3 cards in my wallet soon.

1 Chase Ritz: hotel / highend places

2 Amex delta platinum: airline tickets

3 Wells Fargo propel: gas

If a 4th is in the mix it is the citi preferred: everything else

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
If Bofa and Wells Fargo want to be considered serious in the Credit Card business, they're going to need to come out with something asap.

Bank of America has one of the most underwhelming credit card portfolios of the big banks. If not the most underwhelming, if you consider their core products.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.