Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5 new accts hitting soon

tag
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

5 new accts hitting soon

I've been hovering around these forums for 4 months now and have gained a wealth of knowledge. During the same time I have been rebuilding. My scores during that time have improved slightly or have been stagnate due to the baddies on my reports(rehabbing SL) and some other accts that I'm disputing. But also because of a thin revolving credit profile. So this month, I decided to go big. Joined NFCU, got a auto loan($3700), NFCU CR($10k with luv tap 2x, 2HP's), and 3 cards(VS-$500, JCREW-$250, & EXPRESS-$ unknown till it arrives). So my question is, what will be the score impact of the new accts hitting? But how will that be offset when the accts report the balances listed below:
CAP1 secure-$0/200
CAP1 CR-$417/750
NFCU-$58/10,000
JCREW-0/250
EXPRESS-$0/??
VS-$0/500
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Re: 5 new accts hitting soon

Your going to take a hit.  The additional INQ's plus the new accounts are going to hurt.  Plus it's going to hammer your AAoA.  You'll recover it with time though.  Biggest impact you can have initially is to pay down the CapOne, it's at a high UT. 

Message 2 of 3
CreditJunkie917
Frequent Contributor

Re: 5 new accts hitting soon

Thanks for the reply! I just paid down the cap1 acct. wasn't able to pay it off, so it will show a balance of $17. It'll be the middle of the month till that will hit my CR. also, from reading the NFCU threads, it sounds like my CC acct won't hit for another couple of weeks. Just checked my experian report(I have my CR #) and my NFCU auto reported today. Plus score went up 1 point! WOOHOO!!! Not putting much faith on those FAKO scores...lol...now I'm just waiting for the store cards to hit. It's tough work rebuilding, but to be honest, aside from working on my marriage and golf game, I've never have wanted to work so hard at something! It's frustrating and invigorating at the same time!
Amex PRG(NPSL), Amex BCE($5K), Amex Hilton($1K), NavCheck ($15K), NFCU CR Siggy($20K), USAA Amex($7K), USAA World MC($7K), CSP($2.3K), Chase Marriott($1.8K), Care Credit($2.5K), Cap1 QS($3.5K), VS($500), Cap1 Secure($200) Starting Scores(Jan 2013): FICO EQ: 643, TU: 552, EX: 567 Current Scores(Sept. 2016): FICO EQ: 672, TU: 703(?), EX: 682 In the Garden FOR-EV-ER!!!!! Cards and goals achieved! Let's grow and mature these babies!!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.