cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

641 SCORE AND CREDIT CARDS?

tag
matt3313

641 SCORE AND CREDIT CARDS?

Does anyone know where I can get an cc approval with a 641 score?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 641 SCORE AND CREDIT CARDS?

you can get a secured cc
Message 2 of 8
matt3313

No unsecured?
Message 3 of 8
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Yes you can get an unsecured card. We need more info though.. what are your three FICO scores? What does your credit reports look like? Any negative info?
Message 4 of 8
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

Tuscani, as many others, can advise you better on this than I; but, my husband recently received a  2000 limit, unsecured, on a Washington Mutual with barely 600, a late by 30 days and two medical collections.  I wouldn't simply apply, but call them, and ask what their credit criteria is.  It seems a fairly easy, and decent card to get.  You  might also try --whogavemecredit.com and scroll to your state.  I had trouble pulling it up -- whogavemecredit.com, until I put it in the main search engine with the full address http://www.whogavemecredit.com.  (Is that allowed?)  It gives you information from various, un-named, applicants, their income, sometimes, what their credit scores were and who approved and denied them credit by state.  If nothing else, it might help you to know better who not to apply to.    Hope this helps. 
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last year I had a credit score of 550 and I had just gotten a card with American Express - the gold with a limit of $2,000. I had also just gotten a Household Card with a limit of $300, so I know both of those banks will give unsecured cards to people with low credit scores. This year, I've kept the balances paid off, which has helped my score a lot (among paying bills on time, etc.) and American Express has increased the limit to $8,000, Household to $800. It's worth a look if you really need a card.
Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

After being denied, a member of another forum called to ask about criteria for Washington Mutual.

One of the criteria for Washington Mutual is 3 TL's in good standing with at least 6 months history on each. Might be 3 CC's instead of general TL's, but can't quite remember.

Cap One, approved me for $750 with scores with low score of 615, mid of 632, and high of 639. No BK, no collections, some 30-60-90 day lates. The most recent which was 18 months prior to my application at the time. They checked all three CRA's.

Message Edited by clarrkkent on 05-08-2007 12:14 PM
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try Orchard Bank. If you are unable to get an unsecured credit card what they can do is offer you a secured one which can be converted to an unsecured one later. Then you don't have to open a new account. Bank of America does this as well. They automatically convert it to an unsecured CC after 2 years.
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.