Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

A Question about Reporting Delays

tag
jbjr12
Established Member

A Question about Reporting Delays

Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and new to trying to understand more about and improve my credit score. I had a question about delays in the reporting from my accounts to the credit bureaus. I've recently had some significant changes to my credit (payed off auto loan, payed off a credit card) and i havent seen any updates to my reports. is there a typical delay time to see changes show up? Im anxious to see some results.

Thanks in advance 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: A Question about Reporting Delays

Creditors tend to report to the Credit Reporting Agencies on or shortly after the statement cuts.  (There are a few exceptions:  HSBC and USBank come to mind - they report the last business day of the month, if I remember correctly).

The CRA's take a few days to a week or more to update their reports.

Congrats on paying off your cc and your auto loan.  That's a great feeling!  Let that warm glow tide you over until the creditor's report and the CRA's update.

Message 2 of 8
jbjr12
Established Member

Thanks very much for the quick reply.

Actually i think my problem was that i was viewing an older report i requested in July. I thought it updated automatically but i have to refresh it. Im using Credit Check Monitoring from USAA. Will requesting my scores and report again impact my credit scores in any way?

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

jbjr12 wrote:  Will requesting my scores and report again impact my credit scores in any way?

No.  Requesting reports/scores doesn't impact your scores at all.

However, ignore the USAA Credit Check Monitoring scores along with any advice given.  When you want an update on your FICO scores, you can purchase them here.  They'll also give you information on what's hurting and helping your FICO scores.

I'll keep my fingers crossed and hope you see the type of results you're hoping for.  (Just remember to ignore FAKO scores.  Walk away.  Slowly....Smiley Wink )

Message 4 of 8
jbjr12
Established Member

Thanks for the advice.

Can you point me towards a spot on the forum that explains the difference between FICO and FAKO? Also, if i purchase the scores here do i get a detailed report or just a score?

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Scoring 101 is a great start to understanding FICO's and FAKO's.  Also, remember the Education tab up top - pretty helpful stuff there.

When you purchase your FICO score here, you'll receive a report and score.  Google myfico discount codes always before making a purchase here Smiley Wink

And, of course, remember you can always pull your reports for free once a year at www.annualcreditreport.com  No FICO scores available there, though. 

Message 6 of 8
jbjr12
Established Member

Thanks very much for all your help and advice

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

My pleasure!

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.