Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aging BK

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Aging BK

I had a chapter 13 BK discharged in 1998. Does it stay on my record forever? Any way to have it removed?
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Aging BK

You should dispute.

Bankruptcy: Chapters 7, 11, and 12 remain for 10 years from the filing date. Chapter 13 remains seven years from the filing date. Accounts included in bankruptcy will remain seven years from the date they were reported as included in the bankruptcy
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I definitely agree, if it is in fact a Chapter 13 discharged in 1998 it should have been deleted around 2005. Dispute it with the credit bureau.
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

mccan wrote:
I had a chapter 13 BK discharged in 1998. Does it stay on my record forever? Any way to have it removed?

You should be able to have it removed online. 

Message Edited by Brammy on 05-07-2007 09:42 AM
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a somewhat similar story.  I filed chapter 13 in june of 2000.  Only Trans Union has it still listed when I looked at the message when it said it should come off it said 5/2010.  I looked at the bankruptcy part and they listed it as 13 not 7.  Also under their policy of getting rid of bad info the following message appears

The following items obtained from public records appear on your report. You may be required to explain public record items to potential creditors. Any bankruptcy information will remain on your report for 10 years from the date of filing. Unpaid tax liens may generally be reported for an indefinite period of time depending on your state of residence. Paid tax liens may be reported for 7 years from date of payment. All other public record information, including discharged Chapter 13 Bankruptcy and any accounts containing adverse information, remain for up to 7 years.
Message 5 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Okay...not sure I'm posting my question in the right forum.  I am a complete newbie.  The question I have is for anyone out there who has actually filed a chapter 13 and had it fall off of their credit report.  I have read that a chapter 13 should fall off in 7 years.  We filed ours May 1st. 2001 and completed it May 1st. 2004.  Will this actually fall off May of 2008, and if so...how much can I expect for this to effect my Fico score.  Thanks for any help.

Message Edited by fused111 on 08-11-2007 03:39 PM
Message 6 of 8
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Devan:

You have posted in the correct forum! May I suggest that you create a new thread in the General Credit Issues Forum, you are more likely to get a response.
Fused---
(Moderator)
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks...I'll do just that!
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.