Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another newbie question

tag
Traci954
New Visitor

Another newbie question

I'm brand new to this forum, but I'm hoping someone has some advice for me.  My credit score has been the 750-780 range for many years, as I've protected my credit fiercely.  Last year I was a victim of identity theft and a collections account appeared on my credit record, causing my FICO score to drop over 100 pts to a 643.  This was not my debt, and I was able to prove this to the company that issued the collection.  The collection account was subsequently removed from my credit record.  BUT my FICO score did not increase!  Nor has it in the past year.  Why is this and is there anything I can do?  I am so upset about this.  

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Another newbie question

Welcome to the forums. I would compare two reports one whne the scores were 750 and higher the other report is your most recent one.. I would look at the section of where it shows what is helping your score and what is hurting your score..  See if there is a new reason or if the order of the reasons has changed  Thsi will give you some guidance and why the score has not bounced back to its previous levels. The score reasons are always listed in order of impact from highest to lowest.  Also compare the accounts on the report for any changes.

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash+ 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 C State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Quorum FCU State Department FCU State Department FCU Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.