cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Are you missing ScoreWatch alerts? If so, please read!

tag
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Are you missing ScoreWatch alerts? If so, please read!

Barry recently posted the following for those who may have missed it:

--

Score Watch will notifiy you of changes to your FICO score in certain circumstances, but there some score changes you're only going to see by buying an updated report and score.

Sound confusing? Well, I'll admit to being a bit confused myself so in the coming weeks after sorting this stuff out myself I'll be posting a more detailed description here of how the Score Watch alert system really works.  For now, though, let's just say that some changes to your score generate alerts and some don't.

Basically, there a two kinds of score alerts: 1) the score that's posted on all alerts resulting from such activity as new accounts, inquiries, balance increases, etc., and 2) alerts generated from reaching/exceeding the 'target' score.

In these forums you'll see examples of folks receiving Score Watch alerts indicating score changes and you'll also see examples where the score changed but no alert was received.  Stay tuned for a more comprehensive description of the Score Watch alert system.

So, the answer here is, no, you don't have to buy a new report/score to see every score change, but if you do buy a new one, don't be surprised to see a different score.  More later.....
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Are you missing ScoreWatch alerts? If so, please read!

Thanks. I'm at the edge of my seat waiting to read about how it really works.
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to get my alerts like clockwork.  Now, I don't get any.  The only time I get updates is when I buy a new report to get my updated score. 
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've had seven alerts nothing which resulted in a score change, I find this hard to believe since these are inquiries, new accounts and baklance percent changes.  Right now TU is so broken that it makes no sense so I'm hoping Equifax isn't having a similar breakdown
Message 4 of 10
Mindnumb
New Contributor

I've got score watch on equifax and have been checking it daily. I notice I am getting my text alert 18 - 24 hours after I find out from checking in and 24 - 36 hours later by e mail.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Tuscani
So what you are saying is that the score I think I have is not really that score?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I noticed that as well and discussed the issue with the cutomer rep.  He indicated to me that I need to change some settings which I did but it did not make sense to me.  However, I think that the fact that FICO alerts do not work at all time is misleeding and possibly fraudulent since I am paying for notification that also indicates that I will be notify any time my FICO score changes (first option).  This is not thrue since my score increased and I was not notified on many occasions when my score increased. To me this is incredible since they are basically forcing you to pay again and again for something you believe you have already paid  How do we supposed to trust the credit agencies?  A clarification and full disclosure from the company should be in order.  I think I am at the point where I may file a complain with the FTC.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Me too, what do you mean by tu being broke? My score hasn't changed which I find bizarre since the other two are always changing I thought it was due to the impact being greater on the more widely used bureaus.
Message 8 of 10
girlie
Regular Contributor

frustrated!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

signed up for score watch again this year and then i read all the threads about people not receiving alerts yet their score had changed.

just for the heck of it, i checked my scored and guess what?  a 9 point increase and no alert.

why are we paying for a service that doesn't work.   i'll calling customer service.
Message 9 of 10
SoulSmilen
Regular Contributor

Brammy, what do you mean by TU being broken? And do you mean through MyFico or through TrueCredit? I ask because my TrueCredit scores went haywire the other day and the information causing the changes was the same on all 3 bureaus - identical. The results?
TU - stayed the same
EX - dropped over 60 points
EQ - dropped 40 points

MyFico scores? None dropped - all went up ~5 points for the same action (account added).

I know there are variables that make a difference on how actions are scored, but c'mon... when all the info on the reports is the same, there is no rhyme or reason. It almost looks like each bureau is using a different scoring method for each CR.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.