Established Member
jred

Chase Professional

I opened a Chase Professional CC 3 months ago. It never appeared on any of my reports. Chase says they don't report "Business" accounts to the reporting agencies.

So here's my question. When I re-fi my mortgage in a few months, should I transfer all my outstanding balances to this CC so that my reported utilization shows 0%?

How do the "Business" accounts work?
Senior Contributor
Noah_Bodie

Re: Chase Professional

Business debts aren't personal debts, so FCRA and FDCPA protections don't apply.

I cannot think of a reason NOT to do it, at least temporarily, for your personal refi, but little voice, back of head, saying no don't do it.

Withholding a final decision for now.
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

You are lucky to have this option :-)
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

I wouldn't. Keep your business and personal finances separate.
Established Member
jred

I don't have a business. I just applied for the card and they gave it to me. It's in my name and I use it like any other personal CC.
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani

jred wrote:
I don't have a business. I just applied for the card and they gave it to me. It's in my name and I use it like any other personal CC.

Oh, then that makes a difference. Go for it!
Established Member
bhall

I have a Chase Platinum visa that i've had for about a year. Recently i asked for a credit limit increase but was denied due to two recent paid collections(hospital bills) I was never late on payments on credit card accounts. Shortly thereafter, I received a preapproval for Chase Professional Mastercard. I contacted Chase Bank and they advised that it was a business credit card. I advised that i don't own a business and they said it was ok as long as i dont claim expenses charged on the card on my income taxes. I was then approve for a $5000.00 credit limit. I was disappointed to find out later that this account does not show up on my credit report. But then i realized that i could easily transfer balances from other credit cards(that are reported) to this account to keep my utilization low. It seems strange how a cc company can deny a $500.00 credit limit increase on an account that youve showed a history of no missed payments for a year and then have the same company issue another card with a credit limit of $5000.00.  My only complaint is I still continue to get preapproval offers from Chase Bank on the same credit card that they already issued. I guess the marketing department doesn't communicate with the accounts department!

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}