cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit Card no longer reported after 6 months?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Credit Card no longer reported after 6 months?

Hi everyone,

I hope this is the right forum. I have a weird situation and was hoping someone might give me some insight into what might be going on here.

I had a credit card from Citibank that was charged off. The last payment I made to it was in January 2004. I'm hoping to get past the Statute of Limitation on it without a judgment in 2008. I can't tell for sure from my credit report, but it says "charge off as of Jan 2007, Dec 2006, Nov 2006...Jan 2004". Does this mean that they did a charge off in January 2004 and reported it every month?

The original amount that I owed on the credit card was about $11,000. Since that time, they've been adding all sorts of fees to the card and when I got a copy of my credit report directly from Equifax in January 2007, it reported that I owed $33000. Does anyone think they'll take me to court over that huge amount? Yikes!

Anyway, I digress... my original question has to do with the Equifax FICO score and report I just received from this site. The Citibank card is no longer on my credit report. Does anyone have any idea why that might happen? I mean, I'm glad that it's gone, but I'm surprised to see that happen for that large dollar amount in such a short amount of time. Any ideas?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Credit Card no longer reported after 6 months?

I am assuming your never disputed it.. in which case, I would consider yourself lucky. That doesn't mean it might not return later. This is a lot of money, I would expect Citi or whomever they sell the debt to will continue trying to collect.

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Tuscani, Thanks for replying to my situation. I do understand I'm lucky so far, since they haven't pursued it beyond phone calls and letters. But, what I'm really confused about, is why it would drop off my credit report? It was on there - all three CRA's had it on their reports six months ago. But, I retrieved all three current reports yesterday, and that card and the amount is simply gone. How could that happen?? There are no traces, no references to it in any way on any of the reports.
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Hard to say why. Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.