Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disputing a negative Item

tag
Rich97
Established Member

Disputing a negative Item

Can disputing a negative item on my credit report cause it to stay on there longer?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Disputing a negative Item

Nope
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am new to the board and appreciate any feedback given. What if the company you are disputing verifies the account and adds a couple of 30 day lates that weren't on the report prior to the dispute? I had a credit union tack on four 30 days that weren't reported but appeared as an x, but at least my prior mortgage company updated and removed thirteen of the eighteen 30 day lates and all six of the 60 day lates appearing on the report. Should I expect to see any kind of change in my score?
Message 3 of 4
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

ar0917 wrote:
I am new to the board and appreciate any feedback given. What if the company you are disputing verifies the account and adds a couple of 30 day lates that weren't on the report prior to the dispute? I had a credit union tack on four 30 days that weren't reported but appeared as an x, but at least my prior mortgage company updated and removed thirteen of the eighteen 30 day lates and all six of the 60 day lates appearing on the report. Should I expect to see any kind of change in my score?

Doesn't matter. The DOFD (which is when the 7 year clock starts) still applies.

You should see a nice score increase with those lates removed.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.