Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EQ TU EX on new credit

tag
vanillabean
Valued Contributor

EQ TU EX on new credit

I was wondering if the EQ TU EX FICOs are equally hard on the various aspects of new credit. If I recall correctly for the "amount of new credit" score ingredient in a FICO report's score summary, TU takes longer to recover than EQ does? How about the three FICOs dealing with inquiries? And lower AAoA?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: EQ TU EX on new credit

Assuming that you had identical accounts, inquiries, etc...on all your reports, you should have very close FICO scores, like within 20 points of each other.

I do not know of any CRA that has more favorable FICO scoring than the others.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: EQ TU EX on new credit

I think it largely depends on the model being used, and probably the type of pull too.

This is all conjecture based on what I've read:

The '08 models weight recent history more heavily than the older ones.  I think it was pretty well stated and accepted for that as far as payment history goes, but with the rash of people overextending themselves in the mid-part of the last decade, it wouldn't be suprising that they "penalize" for new accounts more heavily as well.

We know non-standard (or non-credit-enhanced) pulls factor various things differently: a new 2K CL on a revolving debt is pretty trivial when shopping for a 200K mortgage, especially when compared with approval for another revolving credit line.  Quite likely something along those lines is discounted on a mortgage pull, or likely even an auto one, than the credit-enhanced pull.

Presumably on the same model, based on the exact same report, you'd get similar scores from each of the 3 bureaus (and this does tend ot happen at least moderately well), but I don't think it's quite the same algorithm being run in each time, so you'll likely always get some differences... possibly including how they factor new tradelines though personally I find that not-so-credible: new accounts are pretty standard and probably are fairly unchanging across similar-age and similar-type models.

        
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.