Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO Scorecard Reason Code

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: FICO Scorecard Reason Code

@disdreamin wrote:

I can probably answer that one, although not for absolute certain. My one year anniversary for my newest pull/line was one year ago and my TU and EX scores are back up to roughly where they were pre-spree, and I no longer have the "new account" flag showing, which I know it did up until at least March. The May pull shows a significant score jump 13 points on TU, which was where the new accounts were really hitting me since my most recent apps all seemed to pull TU.

Edited to add: for sure the HP's also affected my score, but the new lines did as well. My EX, which was not pulled in my app spree, finally went back up the 6 points it had been lagging pretty much ever since I opened my new accounts. The TU was a double whammy as there were HP and the new lines on that bureau.

Thanks disdreamin for sharing your own results on that.

I wasn't fully sure if the new accounts criteria FICO addresses fell into a parallel line alongside it's accompanying inquiry or not but your results do seem to indicate that very thing.

On Experian and TransUnion i also still get some mention about Inquiries. For TU it was only in March for a CLI with BofA.

Experian i am going to look at it to see how many but there is been a dramatic and continued decrease in those across all bureaus.

Message 11 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

No real data to add here except that in checking my old reports I've never seen that reason code which suggests it's comparitively minor and therefore one of the last ones to drop off.

There are a couple ones which are always "true" and this is one of them so I would suspect it might hang around for a while.

"Short credit history" is my similar friend that's been with me since I started pretty much.

        
Message 12 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

No real data to add here except that in checking my old reports I've never seen that reason code which suggests it's comparitively minor and therefore one of the last ones to drop off.

There are a couple ones which are always "true" and this is one of them so I would suspect it might hang around for a while.

"Short credit history" is my similar friend that's been with me since I started pretty much.

I thought about as much hence the line" i have a long wait on this one" but was interested in breaking apart some range integers to use as a starting crossover point (1) and/or (2) years similar to AAOA from which to best approach some useful strategy going forward.

With the mix category currently met and utilization aggregate as well as individual cards within reason, this time factor is going to have to correct itself, that is, given no adding anything to set it back (too far).

This was more of a range question in and of itself apart from the scoring variations although they most certainly seem to also go hand in hand.

Message 13 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I thought about as much hence the line" i have a long wait on this one" but was interested in breaking apart some range integers to use as a starting crossover point (1) and/or (2) years similar to AAOA from which to best approach some useful strategy going forward.

With the mix category currently met and utilization aggregate as well as individual cards within reason, this time factor is going to have to correct itself, that is, given no adding anything to set it back (too far).

This was more of a range question in and of itself apart from the scoring variations although they most certainly seem to also go hand in hand.

Yeah, was just confirming your suspicion really on that one Smiley Happy

I would note though when my last tradeline turned a year old, I didn't get a shift at all on any score version on a 3B report pull as it happened during the mortgage fun last year so I'm a little surprised that there's a score factor for it at 1 year but I think disdreamin's file is on a prettier scorecard than mine which could factor potentially.

Maybe I'll get that reason code once the tax lien is gone... 3 years AAOA and 8 years oldest tradeline didn't get rid of my short credit history =/.  I really am beginning to hate that reason code if it sticks longer than some PR's do Smiley Happy.

        
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get the same thing sometime when asking for cli's.  I don't see where I'm doing anything wrong.  I think they just throw something out there.  Used to be fico wasn't high enough to support it.  Now it's UT too high when it's down at 10%.  Maybe high for them, but I can pay it off.  I look at it as an excuse on their end.  I'm sure they can see the payments I make monthly.  Would like cli's on the great cards so I can close the others.

Message 15 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

Yeah, was just confirming your suspicion really on that one Smiley Happy

I would note though when my last tradeline turned a year old, I didn't get a shift at all on any score version on a 3B report pull as it happened during the mortgage fun last year so I'm a little surprised that there's a score factor for it at 1 year but I think disdreamin's file is on a prettier scorecard than mine which could factor potentially.

Maybe I'll get that reason code once the tax lien is gone... 3 years AAOA and 8 years oldest tradeline didn't get rid of my short credit history =/.  I really am beginning to hate that reason code if it sticks longer than some PR's do Smiley Happy.

Likely as you say it's attributed to that pesky bug and given the aforementioned in other threads about differences in scorecards that we're each assigned it's a higher probability.

I'm of the mind with my own profile that 2 years should prove to clear that reason code specifically but it very well could be longer.

Of course i'll gladly accept the (1) year FICO gain along the way if any.

Message 16 of 20
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

So here is a selected section of my score history:

11/28/2014  EQ:  850,  TU: 849,  EX: 846
12/2015. EQ: 838,  TU:  817,  EX:  832
1/2015. EQ:  840, TU:  825, EX: 832
2/1/2015:  EQ: 842,  TU: 834, EX: 832

3/16 TU: 834, EX: 844

5/16: TU: 847, EX: 850

Basically my scores bounced around in the 830's and 840's over the past year until about May when the new accounts all turned one year old and the hard pulls for the new accounts also had their birthday. I opened four new credit cards in early 2015, and initiated a new auto loan in 12/14. Every single new account pulled EQ and/or TU, I don't believe anyone pulled EX. I hope this information helps.

Message 17 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@disdreamin wrote:

So here is a selected section of my score history:

11/28/2014  EQ:  850,  TU: 849,  EX: 846
12/2015. EQ: 838,  TU:  817,  EX:  832
1/2015. EQ:  840, TU:  825, EX: 832
2/1/2015:  EQ: 842,  TU: 834, EX: 832

3/16 TU: 834, EX: 844

5/16: TU: 847, EX: 850

Basically my scores bounced around in the 830's and 840's over the past year until about May when the new accounts all turned one year old and the hard pulls for the new accounts also had their birthday. I opened four new credit cards in early 2015, and initiated a new auto loan in 12/14. Every single new account pulled EQ and/or TU, I don't believe anyone pulled EX. I hope this information helps.

Very helpful indeed.

Thanks ever so much for taking the time and effort.

Message 18 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Again helpful data. This is something I always just kind of waited for to change on my reports. I feel so disconnected from these "reasons" because I don't know what will trigger a change, that I've kind of got in the habbit ignoring them lol.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 20
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

Of note, before taking up managing cards to this degree, there are several (old now <10 yrs) installment loan accouts of history (closed/paid accounts) that might prove useful against these type reason codes i would assume.

I dunno, maybe lessening the impact after a time, per (1), (2) year duration?

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.