cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FICO wrong via Suze Orman

tag

FICO wrong via Suze Orman

Hi, I bought my FICO scores via a Suze Orman product w/ myFICO. This stated my score is 623, while a recent creditor reported my FICO score as 578 (both TU).

Which is correct?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Re: FICO wrong via Suze Orman

That's the question.  The TU around here is an older version than most lenders use these days.  TU 04 vs TU 98.  I want my TU score BAD, but since it's worthless, I'm not spending the money.  Maybe you should write to Suze?  Your EQ score, however, will be dead on.

EDIT:  I hope I don't get in trouble for that comment!  No offense, Suze.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 2 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:

That's the question.  The TU around here is an older version than most lenders use these days.  TU 04 vs TU 98.  I want my TU score BAD, but since it's worthless, I'm not spending the money.  Maybe you should write to Suze?  Your EQ score, however, will be dead on.

EDIT:  I hope I don't get in trouble for that comment!  No offense, Suze.

Are you saying the TU98 is worthless? I have to respectfully disagree. There are still millions of TU98 pulls every year across the country. This comes from a very reliable source at myFICO.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 10
Booner72
Senior Contributor

I don't know if it's worthless, but I know that my lender uses the 04, so it wouldn't do me any good to get the other one.

Sorry if I sounded disrespectful -- MYFICO ROCKS!  I'd be nowhere w/o it right now.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 4 of 10
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Booner72 wrote:

I don't know if it's worthless, but I know that my lender uses the 04, so it wouldn't do me any good to get the other one.

Sorry if I sounded disrespectful -- MYFICO ROCKS!  I'd be nowhere w/o it right now.

Not at all.

It just needs to be put out there that plenty of lenders still use TU98.

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 3/11 pulled by lender- 835, EQ - 2/11-816, TU - 2/11-782

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 5 of 10
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Stay tuned....maybe one day you might see TU04 somewhere on here.

OP, I'd check with your creditor to see what TU score they pulled. Not all use FICO. Most do and if so, there are other FICO versions out there as mentioned. In some cases, some creditors will use an industry specific score. For example, if your creditor is an auto lender, you might see an auto-enhanced FICO. If it were a CC, you might see a bankcard-enhanced FICO. And so on. YMMV. But it might be worth a few minutes to find out just in case you do business with them again.

Message 6 of 10
marty56
Super Contributor

@llecs wrote:

Stay tuned....maybe one day you might see TU04 somewhere on here.

They could offer both TU scores for an addional $9.99 plus shipping and handling.  To bad Billy Mays is dead, I could just see his MYFico commerical.  Maybe the Shamwow guy would do it.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 7 of 10

llecs --

It was a credit card. How does the Suzy Orman determine a FICO, and how valid is it, really? The TU was used by every institution to which I applied for a CC, even my own credit union.

The SO FICO gave me false hope, unfortunately. It states that my TU is 620, when that was obviously not the case in reality (ie. I'm in the 500's per banks & credit card companies)...

Message 8 of 10

The Suzy Orman stated that my equifax and transunion FICOs are 623. Since the TU is wrong, how do I know that the EQ is correct?

Message 9 of 10
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@credit_disaster wrote:

The Suzy Orman stated that my equifax and transunion FICOs are 623. Since the TU is wrong, how do I know that the EQ is correct?

The TU isn't "wrong"; it's just a different FICO score. They're (they = myFICO) trying to get TU to start providing the newer version here.

The FICO EQ score from here (whether via the Suze kit or Scorewatch or whatever) is the Beacon 5.0 score, which is the Equifax FICO score that nearly every lender uses. But there are some who use FICO 08 or FICO NextGen or whatever. But you're much more likely to match your EQ score from here than poor old TU 98.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.