Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting my experian score up

tag
creditchild
Regular Contributor

Getting my experian score up

does getting my experian score up takes the same tactics has equifax and transunion? such as

paying down balances etc. i've noticed my experian is slower coming up than my trans and equifax.

applying for a mortgage and was told first to remove the "in dispute" comments then i was told to

pay down 3 credit cards by my loan officer and he'll pull it again june4th. exp(627) trans(618) equifax(639

i need to be at 660(mid score) im working on getting the comments removed and i've already paid the cards

down. transunion and experian is the only one reporting the comments. i've sent certified letters asking them to

remove the comments. hopefully that gets done within the next 2weeks. i'm anxious to see if my scores are going to

go up.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Getting my experian score up

@creditchild wrote:

does getting my experian score up takes the same tactics has equifax and transunion? such as

paying down balances etc. i've noticed my experian is slower coming up than my trans and equifax.

applying for a mortgage and was told first to remove the "in dispute" comments then i was told to

pay down 3 credit cards by my loan officer and he'll pull it again june4th. exp(627) trans(618) equifax(639

i need to be at 660(mid score) im working on getting the comments removed and i've already paid the cards

down. transunion and experian is the only one reporting the comments. i've sent certified letters asking them to

remove the comments. hopefully that gets done within the next 2weeks. i'm anxious to see if my scores are going to

go up.

Yes ~ in general you would use the same credit rebuilding techniques regardless of what CRA you are dealing with.     If you are paying down balances and waiting for them to report to the CRAs, take note of each creditor's statement date, that is usually when they submit updates.   Each CRA takes a few days to process the updates after they are received.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Getting my experian score up

I seem to remember that EX seems to hate util  but it's been awhile that we were able to get our EX FICO score.

Anything you do to improve your EQ and TU scores should help or at least not hurt your EX score.  Low util, never late, etc..

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.