New Visitor
destiny

How do I correct this mess?!!

In July of 2006, I settled an account that was in charge off. However, when I recently applied for a home loan, this same account has been sold to two other collection agencies that are reporting that I am still not paying on this account. I mailed the letter to both agencies stating that it was paid. Yet, they have yet to correct their error. Once they correct this will my score increase any?
Credit_Author

1. Did you get a paid in full/release letter from the ori...

1. Did you get a paid in full/release letter from the original creditor? If so, send that to the new collection agencies. If not, can you contact them and request that? 2. If you have the paid in full letter, does your lender have the ability to do a "rapid rescore" or "rapid recheck"? They may be able to update it and get your score up.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}