Contributor
pat0812

How to get the best FICO score ? Advice

I have 4 credit cards

3 regular and 1 amex charge card

i want to buy next month a car and I want to maximize my FICO score

i was told that the best is to have under 9% UTI and have only 1 card report a balance

usually I like to keep one of my 3 regular cards report a balance and have my charge card report 0 because it doesn't count towards UTI

this month for some reason I forgot oti pay off my charge card before the statement cutoff date so I have a balance on it

know my question is should I pay report My 3 other cards as 0 ? This will get me to 0% UTI

Or do I keep 1 with a balance and then I will have 2 cards report a balance (1 revolving card and 1 charge card) ?

Starting Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Current Score: EQ 683 TU 714
Goal Score: EQ 740 TU 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Blogger
HiLine

Re: How to get the best FICO score ? Advice

I think the magic utlization ratio is 2%. Hit that while keeping the balance of all but one cards at zero.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+