Did you mean: 

Increase my score

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Increase my score

@Anonymous wrote:
Hello all,

It definitely doesn't sound like the Alliant route would be for me due to the SLs. I'm paying on them, but just recently started and the payments haven't scratched the surface of what I owe. Thankfully I'm not adding to the debt with my MBA since I work for a university. Thank you all for being so helpful!! I'll definitely be checking back in if there's been a score change!!

If you have student loans, then you don't need the Alliant thing at all.

One thing you can work on is utilization.

Utilization is calculated based on the balance reported on your statement, so if you pay off or pay down your credit card balances prior to the date of the statement, that will help reduce your utilization percentage, which can help your score quite a bit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi!

I called Capital One yesterday and they didn't have the a promo for the Venture card, but they were able to upgrade me to the QuickSilver with no credit inquiry. The guy even offered to lower the interest, but did something wrong, so I have to wait like 5-7 business days before they can drop the rate. Maybe I should ask for a CLI for my inconvenience?! Smiley Happy
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

And it's the QuickSilver Rewards, not the QuickSilver One. Biggest difference is the cash back rewards and the annual fee.
Message 13 of 14
elim
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi!

I called Capital One yesterday and they didn't have the a promo for the Venture card, but they were able to upgrade me to the QuickSilver with no credit inquiry. The guy even offered to lower the interest, but did something wrong, so I have to wait like 5-7 business days before they can drop the rate. Maybe I should ask for aCLI for my inconvenience?! Smiley Happy

Yes! ask for CLI on QS. and while you aren't applying for anything (you are in the garden now), work on soft pull CLI's with every card and try to get many over 5k.  This may take some time.   Do a search here for each card and "CLI" when you have time, and find the best methods for fast results.  This time of year is great for CLI's as the lenders want your holiday spend.  

Best of luck,   You are off to a nice start.       :]       I would'nt app for any more cards for awhile,  Just grow everything!

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.