cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost 10 points on TU.. nothing changed except lower util...

tag
xxhannahxx
Valued Member

Lost 10 points on TU.. nothing changed except lower util...

Well.. another sad Monday.. *sigh..

My TU score went down to 752 from previous 762.

Nothing changed except my util went down to 12% from previous 18%.  (I have paid off mostly all my cc debt and shows on EQ and EX only.)

Have I been rebucketed?  New Scoring system perhaps?  What a disappointment...  I actually thought that I would hit 800 by paying down my util to 4%.... 

TU  752  (Util 12%)
EX  786  (Util 4%)
EQ 778  (Util 4%)

No lates, No coll, Oldest c.c. 10yr (avg 4), 4 new accounts opened past year. 4% util. 20 accounts showing.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Lost 10 points on TU.. nothing changed except lower util...

How many accounts reported balances this time as opposed to last time? I know your overall util was lower.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lost 10 points on TU.. nothing changed except lower util...

I think hauling, as usual, located the most probable cause of the change.  With 20 accounts, remember that %util on each account, along witht the number of accounts showing balances, also scores.  Juggling 20 accounts, if monthly FICO is a concern, involves controlling the the util on each, and also the percent of all accounts showing balances.  And also, you say that you have 4 new inquiries in the last year... maybe one just hit for the first time in scoring? 
But the mid 700's is also a range that has typically led to rebucketing, so it could very well be a combo of both.  Neither are long term concerns.  If you determine that the %util on each account, as well as the number of accounts with balances, has not changed, then you most probably joined a better bucket. 

Message Edited by RobertEG on 05-05-2008 03:53 PM
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.